1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April Update

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Benji, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Hey guys,

So, first up, work continues on the checklist for the next update. Crimson is currently focused on the UI, constructing a scripting hierarchy for various things and fixing the bugs introduced with the new designs. He's also been getting the inventory screen functioning again, since work in other areas broke it. Goldie has been chipping away at a more finalised version of the battle logic, something that we can build on and add to. Various things have been fixed and several major pull requests successfully merged. To paraphrase: Work goes on, progress is being made.

Goldie and I have also been looking closely at the body 'simulation' system design. Admittedly we're both eager to work on that, not only since it will be another huge step towards content, but also because a clever system there will allow us to do all manner of cool and hopefully sexy things. It will be the thing we focus on after we push the next update.

I've drawn up a diagram both to show you guys what's planned, but also to serve as a visual aid as we build it:

[​IMG]
    Ignore that it looks like an 80's punk monkey.
    Keep in mind when looking at this that it's a prototype and will absolutely change going forward as we better understand the demands of the system. All the points listed are things that can be changed by the player. Some of my favourite ideas here are things like the penis, being able to customise each section of it, leading to things like knotted horsedicks with a foreskin, if you like. There are also the minor regions, the aim of which is to allow very nonstandard body shapes - a popular example being the small character with a giant ass and hips (As I write this I realise I forgot the ass region. Will fix.)

What isn't shown here are the more complex rules and relationships between parts. For instance, if you have testicles and a sack, what happens to those if you remove the penis? What rules should be applied to internal testicles, since they have limited space? If you're a taur, you technically now have two bellies. Do we add another, or ignore one? Which is affected if your character is bloated with some... mystery fluid? There are many questions and rules to set up, and more than likely they'll change as we move forward based on design and community feedback.

Once this system is in place, we will have lots of data to point the Director at. This system is already partially built, I should note, but it needs modifying in order to utilise Crimson's clever Facet system. This will allow us to generate only the parts we need for certain NPC's when we need them. For instance, to give you the option of throwing some transformative potions at a Feral Canen's crotch before you have your way with him (This NPC would, under normal circumstances, have no physical body data since it's not necessary.)

Lastly, here's a preview of a background/character picture I'm working on for Mistress Woodshank, the mysterious and often insatiable witch:

[​IMG]

Until next time!

Farlun, Sarage, Zypher and 6 others like this.
  2. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Well-Known Member Member

I cannot wait to see the system in action. Keep up the good work, y'all!

Benji likes this.
  3. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

Wonderful to get something us mortals (non-programmers) can dissect and contemplate. ;)

Btw, are you interesting in getting requests for body detail features? Like if something is missing which we'd like to have added, or something isn't granular enough.

4. gizmo1206

gizmo1206 New Member Member

all those options,so many options looking forward to more progress

5. DevilBone

DevilBone Active Member Member

Holy crap that's a lot of customization. Must be a pain and a half to design but damn we appreciate it.
    just one more step towards become a solid giant penis...

Benji likes this.
  6. Benji

Requests are fine! I can't guarantee anything though, since the system we're aiming for is very detailed already. But I always welcome feedback from you guys.

7. Milkman

Milkman Member Member

If requests are fine I'd really love it if the back was considered a minor region. Covering things like wings or back mounted tentacles. A range of 2-8 of those would be lovely. The back could also cover stuff like fins, or hedgehog/ porcupine spines, maybe even a shell.

But yeah personally I really hope I can load up my character with 8 back mounted tentacles. I'd like to be able to recreate a character like this in game.
    [​IMG]

8. Akhter13

Akhter13 Active Member Member

An admiral degree of rigour has been applied, welldone. With regard to further comment see below
    Will horns include antenna as a subset ? There are bee people iirc
    Lower body may benefit from a goo option and
    have you considered a foot option digitigrade/plantigrade/hoof ?

9. GreenSleeves

GreenSleeves Well-Known Member Member

Looks like an 80's punk monkey...
    :p

But really, the planned degree of customization is actually boggling my mind.
    There's already so much there that I feel a little bad for it but I want to throw my support behind back and feet options.
    And also maybe tongue options?

I noticed that the womb is a completely separate attachment from the vagina(s). Mpreg possibility confirmed?

I have a whole pile of questions, but I need to goggle over the diagram a while longer first.

Atomicbob likes this.
  10. Zypher

Zypher Member Member

This is wonderful, and though I'm sure there will be things that people hope to see that are not on the list...
    For me, that is a fairly complete character parts list (who knows, I might think of a few things I'd like to see in the future).
    Keep up the good work! ^_^

11. Benji

Ah, yep. The back slot is for wings, tentacles, spikes, armour plates maybe, that kinda stuff.

Yes.
    Goomanoids are planned and in the lore already.
    Feet will be part of the Major lower region, and yes. All of the above.

Good idea.

Possibly. I'm not closed to the idea. Separating the womb and vagina was more about me wanting to make the womb its own modifiable part, not just a nebulous 'fertility' stat.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. A lot of these, I feel, are stuff I forgot to write onto the diagram (How did I forget the ass...) but I'm happy to hear your thoughts. I expect I'll have to make a new version of it at some point.

Ritzy likes this.
  12. NizzJipple

NizzJipple Well-Known Member Member

In case you forgot:
    - Teeth/ fangs, poisonous and regular.
    - Nails on feet and hands
    - Facial hair?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Good work so far, it won't be long now. I feel it in my loins!

DevilBone likes this.
  13. WulfesHeafod

WulfesHeafod Member Member

Personally, I'm looking forward to accurately and faithfully recreating 80's Punk Monkey in-game.

Benji likes this.
  14. DevilBone

DevilBone Active Member Member

Reading this I realize we are all perverted nerds. It's glorious.
    Will it be possible to have multiple of the same parts? Multiple sets of arms, for instance?

15. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Well-Known Member Member

I'm all for multiple sets of arms/limbs. More arms=more hugs!

Ritzy likes this.
  16. Sarage

Sarage Member Member

A few questions come to mind concerning the body diagram that come to mind.

the first one is "why did i decide to view it during break at work?"

and "why didn't I sit with my back to the wall?"

awesome info dump benji, this is some real progress :D

17. Sarage

Sarage Member Member

multiple arms would be great!

being able to recreate this would be awesome

[​IMG]

may want to cap it at 2 or 3 pairs, shit may get crazy after that.

Atomicbob likes this.
  18. Farlun

Farlun Well-Known Member Member

Holy Sigmar! Bless those perverted nerds!

Damn happy to see more actual progress done. Hmm, hey, any hints at some deadlines or prototype/demo release schechules? :3

And I'm after a few days long mini-crunch on a university project in UE, I feel you on "you change stuff and then everything breaks" stuff. Oh, I do. *Cries*

Ok I know this is strange but... I always regretted when a game like this didn't allow me to create a nipless character. Like, a woman with boobs and no nipples.

Yeah. Well, uhm.

19. NizzJipple

NizzJipple Well-Known Member Member

Ah, yes... sexing a Machamp. The dream, Nah! The prophecy that was foretold, now a coming reality.

Umbasa!

Atomicbob likes this.
  20. Benji

I got your back there, fam.

On the topic of multiple arms, we don't plan to start with it as a feature. It's something I want to tackle later, as I think it'll need an update all of its own if its done right.

Atomicbob and Sarage like this.