1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carnal Codex

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Benji, Aug 5, 2016.

1. GreenSleeves

GreenSleeves Well-Known Member Member

Benji, these Codex entries consistently impress. Your take on the more familiar furry races is refreshing, to say the least. There are hints of the traits stereotypically associated with each species, but they're blended in amongst original and intriguing ideas in a way that just feels right. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the fantasy races because I honestly don't know what to expect.

Benji likes this.
  2. Ecroose

Ecroose Member Member

...Huh....weird. Is it just me?

3. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

4. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Added Reptens today. There's still a lot to cover for races, but I'd like to expand more on Sunrest itself next. Thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement :3

WulfesHeafod likes this.
  5. Farlun

Farlun Well-Known Member Member

Snickers snack? Really?... xD

A street vendor. So we'll be able to visit the place, I guess?...

Damn those guys do seem opressive. As for the reptile kin - I'm damn curious what do they think of dragons.

6. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member Member

Nipples. On reptiles. Why? T_T
    Well, I sure hope that it would be allowed to remove all this mammalian nonsense (unlike in some other games... Yes, I am looking at you, TiTS). I also hope that game will support concealing genital slits and internal gonads.

That said, I really appreciate that there is at least one race that is not only not part of all this "bigger is better" train but also actively seeks to undo damage caused by mammalian splicing. It would be awesome if PC would be able to help them with this worthy endeavour. I would expect similar attitude from avians, since all such additions ruin aerodynamics as well as hydrodynamics.
    PC is effectively ultimate shapeshifter. I am sure he (or she, or whatever) will be able to get wherever he wants to.

P.S. Obligatory (somewhat NSFW).

7. Akhter13

Akhter13 Active Member Member

Just got round to reading this (sorry)
    So glad that the milieu seems conscious of its own ridiculousness
    As soothing and refreshing as a good cup of tea
    Keep up the good work old chap

Benji likes this.
  8. Godwin

Godwin Active Member Member

Warm blooded reptiles for life. Sorry Passerby, we seem to sit on opposite sides. Buxom reptiles man. They're a beauty.

I have to say, I think the peaceful monk cows are perfect. The fact that they cannibalize their ancestor kin, kinda creepy, but pretty understandable. If they remember so much of their past they must understand humans quite well. I can see a friendly, if not overly so, relationship between the two for sure. Definitely not like their Equen companions. They seem much more upstart and resentful by comparison. I will say that actual udders aren't much my fetish, but milk and excessive assets are definitely on the list. Check those boxes off. I'm glad to see the Felen understand that such a wonderful partnership can be made here. They understand the value of some good milk.

Damn, the Repten got the short end of the stick. I mean, they've set up a pretty harsh system for themselves, but then they see this transformation of theirs as an abomination. The mammalian aspects, anyway. Too bad for the lower caste folk. At least some of them are making it out and finding a better life for themselves. You'll find you're freedom someday, my scaly friends.

You're on fire Benji. Great job with these species. Pretty unique compared to the others so far. Good on yah!

Ritzy likes this.
  9. Passerby

And that is perfect. Less competition. Take all buxom reptiles you want.

That gave me an idea, actually. How about this: PC, being whateverborn, finds a way to become "pureblood" repten (as in "repten minus all mammalian nonsense"). Then, being adept at essence manipulation, PC offers to transform other repten in "pureblood" from.

Nah, that is too Lawful Good for my True Neutral. Variant: PC offers to transform other repten in "pureblood" from, but only in female form and only if they will agree to bear eggs from him (I would offer gender-reversed variant for female PC, but I am not sure this would work out). And so repten (especially lower-caste ones) have choice to either stay flawed beings as they are or become PC's breeders (and create new generation of pureblood reptens as a bonus).

And since "reptileness" is defining trait of repten nobility - it would present a political conundrum: would upper caste just watch as they become not so "most reptile-like"? Would they seek PC out to transform themselves to keep their relative nobility even if it means submitting to some unknown stranger? Or would they actively undermine PC to preserve status-quo, even if it means undermining the very possibility for their society to reach their main declared goal?

That's some drama. And some population-changing event as well.

10. GreenSleeves

GreenSleeves Well-Known Member Member

Meanwhile, my PC would be offering a similar service, but for males who wanted to be "pureblood" but remain male. The catch in this instance is that the process "requires" some of my PC's "essence" to be inside the individual who wants to be transformed.

But unrelated to bumping lizard-uglies, I wonder if a direct link to the codex page could be added to the top bar, next to the Patreon link and all them. Maybe I'm just being lazy, but it would be quicker and easier to access it up there rather than through the first post of this thread, especially later on once the forums and game are further along. I dunno, just a non-essential thought.

Godwin likes this.
  11. Ecroose

Ecroose Member Member

OMG i wuv lizards! Heres hoping for a recuritable lower caste escapee with his head of hair (black, the other colors all look weird in my head) and general curvy body that i can take home and have him work as a erchant or something or teach him that hes cute and shit and then we bang itll be great!

Oh yeah, thanks for all your hard work Benji, but do the dude lizards have one dick, or two?

12. WulfesHeafod

WulfesHeafod Member Member

Just got a chance to read through the newest additions. A few random thoughts after the first read through:

It's refreshing to see traditional racial roles get a shakeup. Here's looking forward to the inevitable PC led Boob-Rebellion of the lizard people. The Boobellion if you will.

Are there any plans for a matriarchal, amazonian society of larger females with smaller males? I was secretly hoping for some giant busty bovine action myself.

I think someone mentioned earlier that the Lapen stance towards intimacy is really Victorian: the whole "lets just pretend in public that touching never happens ever" sort of thing. It would be neat to have a bunch of rabbits running around in corset-dresses and tailed coats.

Finally, I'm not sure achieving "sentience" is necessarily correct word to refer to the awakening. I think generally its believed that many animals are already sentient (and in places like New Zealand, they are protected under law as such), as generally higher cognition processes are referred to by other terms. A lot of sci-fi and fantasy like to use the word "sapience" to differentiate between animals and humanoids. There's also the psychological concept of Consciousness, which is "sentience, awareness, subjectivity, the ability to experience or to feel, wakefulness, having a sense of selfhood, and the executive control system of the mind" to quote Wikipedia. Also this is really just a giant nit-pick though, so there's that.

Oh also, I finally remembered why Luud sounded so familiar to me. You wouldn't happen to be a Stephen King fan, would you Benji?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  13. Akhter13

Akhter13 Active Member Member

Maybe they could be a group or faction, akin to the Temperance movement, placards say stuff like "Down with this sort of thing" or "careful now". Meetings with long diatribes denoucing "unmentionables" and "How's yer father"
    Then the PC may or may not choose to crash such meetings and release all that repressed energy seething in those tight bodices, stiff upper lips etc
    As an aside stiff upper lips... can beast men have facial hair? What is a stove pipe hat without facial hair?

14. Ecroose

Ecroose Member Member

I thought it was pronounced 'Lewd' =P

15. Godwin

>_>

I never noticed that...

Farlun, WulfesHeafod and Benji like this.
  16. WulfesHeafod

WulfesHeafod Member Member

Yeah, I thought it might be, the name just reminded me of Lud from dark tower.
    Also, totally needs some umlauts to draw out the u sound to make sure Luud is read lood

17. Adhemar

Adhemar New Member Member

Any plans for a bear-people race?

18. Godwin

So, I'm diggin' the direction you're going with for armor. I like the idea. And I like the Bullyan family + Suncrest guard concepts a lot, but I do think the open pectoral slot on the male guard is just a little bit weird. Females have a bra to cover the open section, and in comparison the space looks really apparent. I just think it's a weird part of your body to leave exposed, especially considering that's the armored equivalent of the outfit. I'd almost rather have the abdomen showing if something needs to be revealed. I dunno, that's my first impression of the outfit.

Now back to playing League.

19. Farlun

Farlun Well-Known Member Member

Nah, I think that exposed parts on both male and female armors are logical. If we're sexualizing everything, then why stick to females only? Way too few games allow males to walk around with their body exposed in a way similar to females in stereotypical, sexualized armors. The game is visibly not very serious, so I wouldn't be picky about "exposing vital organs" et cetera.

Me, personaly, I'd love to have armor sets that will allow the characters to look like 100% classic, stereotypical, half-nude fantasy heroes from Frazetta's artworks:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At first you think the characters are half-naked, but the more you look at it, the more great, sexy details on their attire you notice.

20. Passerby

The more I look at it, the more I wonder how fantasy world can evolve in such a way, that no bows, throwing weapons or any other modes of distant combat have ever appeared there. Because as soon as someone will invent and mass-produce bows - all those "heroes" are so very dead... Except that guy on a horse. At least he has a shield. Like those guys.