1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carnal Souls Equipment

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Regis67, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Regis67

Regis67 Active Member Member

For all you Equipment lovers out there and I mean people who like to get every piece of equipment in the game for 100% completion. What type of Unique Equipment would you like to see like a charm necklace or magic rings or anything that can fit on a body? Also super secret rare weapons and armor, for realism or something just plain halarious.

Just a speculation thread. Anything discussed here may not even be in the game.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    RevorDragon and Shadefalcon like this.
  2. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

I'm very much a proponent of variety, wide selection and immersion when it comes to gear and equipment in games.
    Instead of "Bow of Fire", "Bow +1" or "Heavy Bow" I much prefer "Rune Etched Ceremonial Bow", "Yew Long Bow" or "Composite Siege Bow".
    Even if some equipment, armour or weapons end up very similar in practice, I still very much appreciate the flavor options.
    My character might be just as well off with a plate harnesk as with a Roman style laminar armor unless we want to go crazy detailed with the combat system, but to me it's a very important distinction for defining the world and my character.

RevorDragon, Shadefalcon and Regis67 like this.
  3. Regis67

Well actually looking at the gallery you can see a piece of armour already called, Bikini Armor of the Fox and it shows its stats.

For a ridiculous armour I was thinking of an armour called.

Plot Armor - For no apparent reason at all you have Plot armour.

Something like that for a description.

Shadefalcon likes this.
  4. Nechrom

For the example in the gallery I would really only have one complaint and that is the name. It's way too generic.
    What sets it apart from another chainmail bikini at a glance? Even just something like "Finely crafted...", "Bandit..." or "Leather Reinforced..." would go a long way to distinguish and help create a mental image of how the armour might look. You can go in the lore direction as well with something like: "Taqari..." and follow it up with a lore description of what that entails.

What you might not initially think about when using "DnD-style" naming conventions for equipment is that it's not a system designed to work outside of PnP RPGs. A "Round Shield of the Boar" in actual DnD would be described in as much detail as the DM or the player felt necessary. When you are dealing with a binary game on the other hand where every piece of information is pre-written, you're much better off using names that are more descriptive, unless you want to have a paragraph of flavor text for every unique piece of equipment in the game.

Regis67 likes this.
  5. Regis67

It would be harder to just name a weapon with a unique name as to not waste time on writing descriptions. I think that would make it even harder to tell which one is unique compared to others will be the stats of said item. In this game where stats do matter it will be hard to see if unique items will work when you could go to a blacksmith and refine and rename your item. I don't know if there is a blacksmith. I'm guessimating here. I believe not only will we have a text wall on the left hand side but also a small window of what the character should look like.

6. Nechrom

You're doing a lot of assuming in regards to what you'll be able to do in the game. ;)

My focus on the naming and description of items is just for immersion and ease of roleplaying. Stats is something completely different which I'm much less particular about.
    I want to know if my character is using a pike, broad bladed hunting spear, glaive or yari. I don't care if it's a "Spear of the Eagle". I'll probably check the stats once or twice when I'm switching gear, but I constantly need to be able to picture my character.

Regis67 likes this.
  7. Regis67

I'm also one of those that need to see the character however it will be hard for Stereo to make every individual piece of equipment and body part. I know there will be more artist as we are further on building the game.

I like to assume it's my character. If I get a general idea after asking a lot of questions I'm satisfied with the answer a lot of times.

8. Shadefalcon

Shadefalcon Active Member Member

I too prefer items/equipment with flavour text. Especially when they have interesting descriptons.
    Only +3 to immobility - 1 to speed sounds a lot more boring than "This plated heavy armor was crafted by dwarves using various odd heavy metals even they couldn't tell apart. The only thing they knew for sure was the armor they made was hard to get pushed around in, but also hard to move with."
    I liked the flavour text on the chain mail bikini armor, so it seems like I'm gonna enjoy collecting ALL THE STUFF.

ANYTHING that can fit on a body?...

As for unique rare weapons I'd love to see, the sword-whip also called the snake sword is definetly one of them. It's pretty much one of my favourite melee weapons. Here's some images for those that don't know what I'm talking about.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0b/01/25/0b0125b76eb05e6b5f03e8fdbfafce6e.jpg
    http://s604.photobucket.com/user/namine199/media/Madokas_whipsword.jpg.html

I would also love to see some hilarious equipment.
    Like some fun easter egg referencing to another game.
    For example: An abandoned knee protector with a hole in it. It won't offer much protection, but if you ever feel like quitting adventuring you can blame it on the knee.
    Or just some really odd finding like a famed priestess' undergarment. Suspiciously sexy for someone with that kind of job.

RevorDragon, Regis67 and Benji like this.
  9. Patrick R. Key

Patrick R. Key Active Member Member

Honestly, there was something about the stat changing piercings in CoC that did something for me, not really sure why but I'd like to those here. On the subject of easter eggs, I'd like to see Shovel Knight's Shovel Blade.

RevorDragon, Shadefalcon and Regis67 like this.
  10. Regis67

That would be fun to do

The piercings did a number of things like increase fertility, add corruption, make you more or less appealing to beast race. There are also cock socks if I remember that petty much had better effects but we're sewn to your glan ouch :confused:

RevorDragon likes this.
  11. ninjalawngnome

ninjalawngnome New Member Member

I would love to see some race restricted weapons or armor. like having a naga have tail armor or they added a blade to the end of their tail, or have bunnies that have ear armor. I would love to see a few joke or funny weapons in the game too. Like maybe a sword that does random effects that could kill the enemy in one hit or just buff up your enemy.

Regis67 likes this.
  12. Regis67

Chicken transformation and sweet roll transformation like skyrim. Forgot what the staff was called.

RevorDragon likes this.
  13. Shadefalcon

Wabbajack. One of the things I loved about Skyrim, the randomness one could stumble upon.

RevorDragon and Regis67 like this.
  14. ninjalawngnome

ninjalawngnome New Member Member

This is exactly what I had in mind. That and the cheese shield from dragon age inquisition.

RevorDragon likes this.
  15. Regis67

Thanks that's the one;)

16. Regis67

My god how could I forget the cheese shield I put in 200 hours in DAI it's a funny defensive weapon that's for sure.

RevorDragon likes this.
  17. Regis67

Aughhhh the times when a random npc came up to me and said for me to hold on to something and he gives me a lockpick and a petty soul gem. I play on Legendary. I kill the guy shorty after for his stupidity haha. No one gives me just a lockpick and petty soul gem and expects me to gratefully take it! It's an insult to me to give me that.

Back on topic how about the Crimson nirnroot as a companion equip? Put in your inventory bag and makes snarky comments

Sorry for language in the video :/

Shadefalcon likes this.
  18. Shadefalcon

Skip to 3:37...It was supposed to do that, but it seems like I haven´t completely grasped what one can and can´t do on this forum yet.
    But yes back to topic.
    I´d love to see some living armor, like a goo girl armor. I love the gray goo armor in T.i.T.S. and I also liked the goo armor in CoC.
    Another idea would be to have goo girl companion be able to be worn on your armor upgrading whatever armor you wear a little bit.

RevorDragon likes this.
  19. NizzJipple

NizzJipple Well-Known Member Member

Easy, The Moonlight Jizzsword as a legendary " A sword forged of moonlight blessed semen. Who's or what's semen it is,is a mystery. Possesses the ability to unleash a wave of jizz at the foe causing stun and arousal, MUST be bukkake'd on to restore charges to the special jizz attack. Your're move Benji XD

Regis67 likes this.
  20. GreenSleeves

GreenSleeves Well-Known Member Member

I think what sets it apart from other chainmail is that it's a bikini, and what sets it apart from other bikinis is that it's chainmail :p

But more seriously, the "of the fox" suffix is what sets it apart. More on that below.

Upon seeing the "Chainmail Bikini of the fox", my first thought was of the Diablo series (specifically Diablo II).
    Diablo II had a drop system where generic items could be appended with various prefixes and suffixes that would alter stats or add additional effects. "Of the fox" just so happened to be one such suffix. (And it gave a bonus to Life, which this bikini also has.)

I bring this up because Diablo II also had a wide variety of weapon sub-types. You didn't just pick up sword after sword, you got a gladius, a cutlass, a zweihander... 42 different sword types in fact (one- and two-handed swords inclusive). On top of that, there were unique swords that were based on a specific sub-type, but with special names and unique art.

Now, I'm not claiming to speak for Benji et al, but with the talk of radiant quests and randomized content, as well as the admitted influence of other games on Carnal Souls, I don't think it's a giant leap to imagine that they might be planning something similar.

I mean, they're an ambitious and resourceful bunch. I bet they could pull it off.

Benji and Regis67 like this.