1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carnal Souls Equipment

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Regis67, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Vectorslip

Vectorslip Active Member Member

where did you see them say that? Im fine with randomized content but dear god please leave radiant quests out of this game. Those things are a blight and I despise seeing their kind whenever they pop up in beth games.

And if they HAVE to be in this game then at least clearly mark them separately and far away from the regular quests in the journal or whatever we'll be using to keep track of quests. Or hideable so they dont clog up anything.[/QUOTE]

NizzJipple and Regis67 like this.
  2. GreenSleeves

GreenSleeves Well-Known Member Member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Regis67 and Vectorslip like this.
  3. Vectorslip

Vectorslip Active Member Member

Yeah, what they're describing in that post isn't skyrim's radiant quests. The radiant quests are those infinitely repeatable borefests that serve as hackneyed excuses to send you to far off corners of the map (when they aren't sending you to the same 3 places over and over again) ad end up cloging your quest journal with meaningless gunk. What they're describing is beth's general open world quest design where its possible to access quests or quest items at almost any time. Like finding a glass dagger in a cave you passed by on you way to turn in a bounty quest that ended up being the long lost family heirloom of the quest giver's jarl.

There's not much, or any I believe, randomness in that design. Its basically a natural consequence of bethesda allowing their players to truly explore their open world with little to no boundaries. So of course situations like the above would almost inevitably happen.

Im not quite sure how they ended up conflating the randomness of the radiant quests with the open world accessible quest design bethesda employs but its pretty important to make the distinction between the two.

Regis67 likes this.
  4. Patrick R. Key

Patrick R. Key Active Member Member

"Another settlement needs our help"

RevorDragon, Vectorslip and Regis67 like this.
  5. Regis67

Regis67 Active Member Member

Freaking Preston in Fallout 4. Oh another settlement in trouble I marked it on your map. :(

6. DevilBone

DevilBone Active Member Member

Just a question, how many games successfully do radiant quests like what Skyrim was intending? I can't really think of any.

Regis67 likes this.
  7. Regis67

Fallout 4 Preston is one but he cycles his location.

8. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

Preston's bullshit isn't in any way like the radiant quests of Skyrim.

A radiant quest is essentially a quest which can be taken from multiple NPCs and will have have the objective be in one of several possible locations. They are not repeatable and can be taken from just one of the possible NPCs once per playthrough.
    This quest design is meant to increase the amount of quests available to you while not requiring the developer to make a crazy amount of quests for a big open world. So you could essentially run into the same quest in four different locations in the world, but it will seem unique to you because it's generic enough to fit any of the quest givers, it will not appear in the other possible locations once you've accepted/completed it and will send you to a relatively close location based on where you got the quest.

Regis67 likes this.
  9. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

But "...of the Fox" only sets it apart for sorting purposes. It doesn't tell you anything about the item other than that it's has a special name and possibly certain stat combinations if we're going with the Blizzard template.
    All of the stats on that piece of "armour" can be de-abstracted (is that a word?) easily into something which both makes sense and paints a better picture.
    +50 Speed - Of course since it's about as light as a piece of armour can get.
    +45 Evasion - Same here and also it doesn't impede your movement at all.
    +124 Sex Appeal - Duh. The bikini part of the name gives that away. :)
    +30 Fatigue - Provides support and doesn't put strain on the body.
    +25 Life - Not sure exactly what "Life" represents here. Probably a health pool, in which case it's synonymous with how much extra protection it offers. Not much, but better than naked.
    -25 Lightning Resistance - Metal armour.
    -35 Cold Resistance - Lots of exposed skin and little padding.

We have the luxury of a picture in the gallery, but in the actual game we'll only have the name. I would like the name to represent what I'm looking at, not just be arbitrary or based on stats which I can just as easily check myself.
    I'm not against stat suffixes, but I don't think they should replace actual descriptive names. If we get names like "Fine Bronze Gladius of the Moose" then I'm okay, even if I think there are more elegant solutions than standardized suffixes.

Regis67 likes this.
  10. Regis67

Thank you for the clarification. :)

11. JfromfarPY

JfromfarPY Member Member

If I can have a place with unlimited loot capacity I would like to collect every single type version of an equipment if not then Every Unique should be enough. I'm kind of a completionist, soo much pain farming equipment sets / pieces in Soul Series .....

12. Cancer

Cancer New Member Member

I'd like a decent mix of lore items and randomized items with a 15~\85~ split, that way rng can't screw you over, and it allows for world building to still exist.

Regis67 likes this.
  13. Regis67

I hate rnjesus a lot hopefully Benji can find a good mix formula for us.

Ri Mactire likes this.
  14. NizzJipple

NizzJipple Well-Known Member Member

Thought of a armor set

Outfit Of The (Cursed) Night Walker.

Description:

''A set of low cut black shirt with missing buttons, a matching slightly ruffled skirt with a cute little red belt, embroidered with a small horned humanoid beckoning anyone with a playful smile and curled finger. A pair of what you can only call fuck-me boots, also dyed in black, completes the ensemble. It doesn't take a scholar to know what someone in these vestments conduit.

Upon equipping:

The Top, Skirt and Boots mold to your flesh with ease, however the belt seems almost to small for your waist, It takes some effort to comfortably hook the belt around your middle but you manage. *CLICK* Equipping the belt successfully comes with the satisfaction of a small accomplishment, a slightly uncomfortable waist.............and dizziness?...............accompanied by a burning sensation right above your rear.........

You black out.

Waking with a start, you rise to your feet quickly inspecting yourself. Everything appears normal, same arms, legs, naughty bits. perhaps you fainted from exhaustion? As if on queue to dismiss that conclusion, a spaded black tail pokes your thigh before curling around your waist like a sensual snake. Your initial fear was true. The outfit, or at least the belt itself, was cursed.

Now seeing as the belt was actually cursed, The outfits name before equipping it should be (Outfit Of The Night Walker) After you equip the outfit. It should add the cursed part to the title. If cursed items were in the game maybe we can take it to someone to have it purified for a fee. Otherwise we might not be able to take it off, and who knows what wearing it for a while will do to our body!

The stats might look something like this.

+105 sex appeal
    +25 Health
    +30 Speed
    +10 Libido
    -20 Frost resistance
    Cursed effect 'Demonic Libido' Gain a 20% proficiency to your sexual arts, but thanks to your enhanced libido suffer more damage from tease attacks as a result.

I think cursed items would add a layer of depth to the game but that's just me.

Vectorslip, Tenryuu and Regis67 like this.
  15. Regis67

I would like that as well and it would be cool as the skyrim daedric artifacts and you have an individual quest to purify them.

NizzJipple likes this.
  16. Godwin

Godwin Active Member Member

I think cursed items, or items with other unsightly debuffs (or are they buffs?), would be pretty neat to have. Euphorian Tide, before it was scrapped to become Venture Seas, had a set of cursed equipment, but there was complaint from the community that it had no warning beforehand and no way to get rid of it afterwards. While I think just telling you its cursed outright would be way too coddling and rid magical items of their mysticism, there should definitely be some allusion to its magical nature, a way to identify it before you put it on, and a way to remove it after it molds to your body.

So, yes, curses would be awesome as long as they have outs after the fact.

Vectorslip, Regis67 and NizzJipple like this.
  17. Regis67

I wish Venture seas had more decent progress but unfortunately the creator has a small team. I don't see it finished anytime soon.

18. NizzJipple

NizzJipple Well-Known Member Member

There should absolutely be a way to remove and identify a curse, Either through a npc, yourself or another magical item(a enchanted looking glass?)

If you can remove it by yourself or even identify it before you put it on, It would probably be tied to a high Intelligence.

Wizardly the labyrinth did it very well(If i remember correctly) whereas if you did get cursed. removing it shouldn't be a minor inconvenience. It SHOULD take a large sum of money, If you can't do it yourself,and the price for a npc to check if it is cursed should be quite high as well.

because more often that not I find myself with to much money but nothing to spend It on,In these type of games anyway.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Vectorslip likes this.
  19. Godwin

Godwin Active Member Member

Oh yeah, definitely. Common sense should tell you not to put on strange magical armor, and if you saddle yourself with that burden you should pay the price to undo it. No doubt.

Yeah, games like this tend to have small teams. Carnal Souls comes in at a whole two, and I'm pretty sure Switch is developing Venture Seas by himself. Even TiTs only has three dedicated devs. These games will take quite awhile to near anything close to completion.

NizzJipple and Regis67 like this.
  20. Farlun

Farlun Well-Known Member Member

Unique equipment eh?

Here's my list on unique items I'd love to see:

1) Hexing Sword (Ha! From my other post!) - A two-handed, black sword with some runes written on its side that allow it to act as a magic channeller simillar to a wand or a staff; Allows the user to cast magic spells while fighting in melee. Of course, this would require some extensive balancing and adding penalties to spells used, but still I'd be a pretty neat, unique item.

2) EXTENSIVE jewelry. Think characters wearing all-tribal or all-harem style jewelry. I'm bummed by how your options in other simillar games are limited in this matter.

3) Living Goo Armor, male and female variants - Because it's still an awesome concept that wasn't really done to its full potential by any of the games. I'm talking male and female variants because, I believe, the PC should have the right to choose according to his sexual prefferences and wether or not he wants to *wear* a guy or a girl. Such armor could have some actualy unique abilities other games hinted at, but never really made use of. Say: Changing shape and proportions, merging with other suits of armor/wearing it under other armor, getting the PC to cum mid-battle/venting lust, hell, even grabbing enemies with goo tentacles or something like that.

4) Personality-infused items that talk to you. Why not have items possessed by a ghost/demon/their own conscience? Even if I'd be something as small as your magical sword chatting to you mid-battle during attacks ("You swing and deal 10 damage" -> "You swing dealing 10 damage, "Ha! Got that sucker!" your sword joyfully proclaims").

5) Varied underwear: Loincloths, harem clothes, stuff like that. Not only basic generic "simple loincloth", but also end-game items. No, I am dead serious: Late-game magical underwear. "Those pants allow you to lift horses with your shaft".

I'll probably add more stuff as I'll recall what sort of equipment I always wanted to see in a game like this :p

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    RevorDragon, NizzJipple and Regis67 like this.