1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carnal Souls Equipment

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Regis67, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Ri Mactire

Ri Mactire New Member Member

Id like to see some trap equipment like a helmet that has great stats but has an intelligent parasite that tries to corrupt you and plays mind games on you if you don't remove it soon enough it begins taking over parts of your body also I mentioned living armor in the armor thread

2. DoNotEnter

DoNotEnter New Member Member

I don't know if anyone posted about this yet, but I would love to see weapons and armor actually being kinda expensive. Swords and armor (especially armor) costs were pretty hefty before serious metallurgy advances were made, and even then, it cost anywhere from 50 to 80 days wages (about 120 for unskilled) to buy a sword for the average skilled worker. I don't know how the game is incorporating magic into the economy, but I assume enchanted stuff is more expensive as well.

The basic armor and weapons in carnal souls should be cheaper, as it would make the game ridiculous if you could't get a weapon after putting an hour or something into the game, but the more expensive stuff? Comparing to COC or TITS is bad because they don't offer that wide of a selection of weapons, like legendary weapons or some such, but I just don't want to have my main weapon that I will use halfway through the game. Going into dungeons and getting all these cool swords only to discover that your current weapon is better, even though you almost died a bunch of times, is kinda a kill joy. Ok, my rant is over, this game is gonna be pretty awesome though.

Nechrom likes this.
  3. Farlun

Farlun Well-Known Member Member

Fully agreed.

However, while there *should* be some cheap weapons avaible early on, I'd love to see some actual items worth purchasing at shops, instead of the run of the mill generic stuff and "oh don't worry we'll find you a better sword in that imp-infested cave nearby".

I understand getting cool loot is cool, but sometimes I feel like a second-hand client wearing all the cool stuff dropped by warriors of yore, while I never get to purchase/craft any awesome equipment by/for myself.

4. Geni

Geni New Member Member

Well, I have some ideas for equipment that I think would be cool, but this is just my opinion. :p

Curse/Permanent TF equip - As explained by other people than me, curse items would be items that once the player equips, they have no choice but to wear it as long as the effect says so. In this case, a few curse equip items that tf the user tend to be gradual and permanent transformations, meaning even if you found a way to turn into something else, the curse would get rid of it. For permanent TF, it's pretty much what I said about cursed tf items, but you can remove the armour maybe to delay the transformation or you're satisfied with it and go to a different tf item/normal item.

Temporary TF equip - Now this would be different from the permanent ones, mainly because the TF would only happen while the user equips the item. Also in contrast, the transformation would be instant and possibly also stackable. the only "downside" would be that there would only be one kind of transformation. If you held the carrot blade for example, you'd turn into a full bunny-morph but if you had the bunny ears+ on, the ears would be stuck to you and only your head is that of a bunny-morph.

Lust weapons - I'm not sure what to go for with lust armour so I'll leave that be, but I imagine things like sex-toys that double as weapons would be one type of lust weapons and the other would be lust-enhanced or aphrodisiac-coated. For example. I could go with dildo-shaped nunchucks since I plan for a monk/martial artist build with my main character. They could have the same effects but one has advantage over the other. Sex weapons deal more damage to resolve, but lust-coated weapons have a higher chance of turning the resolve to lust-based if not already

For me, personally, I wish they would have both good items that are either only store-bought OR dropped. or there are differences between store/dropped items itself. Like, you're guaranteed of the stats of this steel sword you just bought since you've saved for it, but you happened to find a steel sword of the same kind that has better stats, but when you equip it instead, there's actually a curse inflicted on it! Well, something like that.

RevorDragon likes this.
  5. GreenSleeves

GreenSleeves Well-Known Member Member

Muscle cuirass. Armour functional both for defense, and for flirting.
    The versions with nipples are even more lust capable.
    Usually found in masculine styles in the real world, CS could fudge it and make them in lady shapes too.

6. Shadefalcon

Shadefalcon Active Member Member

For females: The skimpier the armor, the better the stats.
    [​IMG]
    In Carnal Souls I believe it works more like this though: http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/93/85/dcf50decf7eb1b67e259893cb1aeea25.jpg
    XD
    Not exactly an armor, but a leather body suit would be both sexy and offer a bit of protection.

7. Tenryuu

Tenryuu Member Member

i don't know, i never have been a fan of them but if is just for lust damage then i suppose that is ok, other than that... is kinda stupid (like wearing high heels for combat)

8. Leorden

Leorden New Member Member

If sex (and possibly rape) are such big things in this universe, I would like a few weapons/armor peices that makes you much less sexy, even more than normally wearing a giant peice of armor.

I dunno, I just have the idea of this NPC that has a full set of it, and thus looks ugly as heck, but when they really get to know/love the PC, strips and turns out to be at least pretty than once thought of.

Tenryuu likes this.
  9. NizzJipple

NizzJipple Well-Known Member Member

[​IMG] I don't know, you might get turned on by those glorious armored man nips.

Benji, we need a update, look what I resorted too.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  10. Farlun

This is desperation...

RevorDragon and NizzJipple like this.
  11. EvilMegaCookie

EvilMegaCookie New Member Member

I personally want a toy or strap-on that can be used as a make-shift dick. Basically a squirting dildo but with the real deal inside for impregnation. Whether it is yourself or others is up to you. And being able to adjust the amount is nice. Or have some sort of option to go for "More". Want more? Just spam that button.

12. WulfesHeafod

WulfesHeafod Member Member

While I do agree that there should be variety in the sort of gear one finds laying around in shops and dungeons, I actually hope the unique or "legendary" weapons are few and far between. From a gameplay standpoint, what's the point of having a legendary broadsword of stabbing or whatever if you've got 15 other legendary swords cluttering up one's house?
    From a non gameplay standpoint, introducing a custom legendary weapon was a donation goal during the fundraising period, and while I do hope there are plot specific weapons and armor stepped in lore and mystique, introducing a bunch of uber magic equipment because of how cool it is would pretty much devalue that reward tier.

Farlun and Tenryuu like this.
  13. Farlun

Fully agreed.

I wish there would be stuff the player would know about beforehand and would be really happy to finaly own (like the list of legendary daedric weapons in Morrowind, for example), instead of just "oh I stumbled upon this sword has awesome stats oh look another".

I also hate games where you get a crapload of epic loot from every single dungeon.

An absurd idea: Non-exotic/legendary weapons could ALSO be really good, without being godlike in the terms of lore.

Maybe the game could simply use item segregation: Common, Rare, Exotic, Legendary. Something like this. With some lore for certain exotic and almost all legendary weapons.

NizzJipple and Tenryuu like this.
  14. BlakLite

BlakLite Member Member

Behold, the Kpinga. It's an ancient throwing weapon used by the Zande people of North Central Africa.
    [​IMG]
    See that oddly-shaped protrusion near the grip? I'm not even joking when I say that what it looks like is exactly what it's supposed to be.

15. BlakLite

BlakLite Member Member

I'm not opposed to that system in principle, but it has its problems. On the plus side, it can help reinforce or enhance the satisfaction and excitement of finding something rare and powerful by giving the player a means of recognizing it as such at a glance.

On the downside, it risks devaluing the common stuff to the point of becoming boring, useless trash. It clogs up my inventory space in hopes of dumping it on a merchant for pocket change. Many dedicated Magic: The Gathering players don't even look at the common cards that come with each booster pack; they're only interested in the rarer cards that come with every pack. Left unchecked, this problem also risks escalating into damaging the balance of the game's economy, similar to what tends to happen in many MMORPG's. Extra Credits made a video detailing this problem (see below). Although the solutions they propose probably won't work for a single-player RPG, there's still the danger of the player amassing more money than he/she has any reasonable use for.

16. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

I really hope CS isn't going the "loot-centric" route, but more Dark Souls style loot.
    Broad gear variety of side-grades is much more interesting than the constant hunt for the next objectively superior item.
    It has so many advantages, especially for a small developer:
    • You keep most of the content useful and relevant throughout the game.
    • There is always an incentive to go back to places you might not have explored fully.
    • Every piece of equipment in the game serves to widen your options to shape your character.

17. Shadefalcon

Shadefalcon Active Member Member

I'm normally a fan of collecting the best equipment, but I have to agree with you on this.
    Seeing as this game seems like it's gonna have variable styles of combat depending on your choice of weapon, it would be a shame for it to go to waste because you have to favour the best equipment over your favoured style. F.ex. Preferring to dual wield axes, but you can only find legendary swords.

On a different note, I'm kind of curious as to whether or not you can increase your proficiency in your chosen use of weaponry by continous usage of it, or whether or not you can be trained in your chosen style.
    The idea here is that you can increase the available options each style gives you. F. ex. Learning a specific attack only available for two handed axes, or one only usable by dual wielding swords. Stuff like that.
    Or possibly even increasing damage because you're more skilled with those weapons.

RevorDragon likes this.
  18. Conrade bork

Conrade bork New Member Member

You know something that'd be interesting to me? The ability to wear something like 30 rings at a time. The standard explanation is that the various magics would interfere with each other and that why you only get one ring. But that has never really set well with me. It ignores non magic rings you might want to wear. Like a signet ring or a ring that hides a lockpick or a poisoners ring or an engagement ring. If your the kind of player that tells his multiple lovers that they are each in a monogamous relationship, you better always be wearing the correct wedding ring and not the others when interacting with your spouse. If you are openly polyamorous then you should at all times wear all your wedding rings. Multiple neck jewelry would be nice too. I want to wear a gorget with a a torc over it and 3 pendants on chains over that.

RevorDragon likes this.
  19. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

Well the simple answer is game balance.
    If you want to still be able to mix a large number of cosmetic items you'd have to create some other way to limit the beneficial equipment.
    The route I'd go, which I've brought up in other topics already, is a system of tags. So that for example an item with the "Cosmetic"-tag wouldn't be subject to regular gear restrictions.

NizzJipple likes this.
  20. Farlun

This all really depends on the design of game in question. MMOs have a number of issues "normal" RPGs do not.

As per common/rare/exotic/legendary stuff goes: It doesn't really have to say much about the items' quality, more about its origin and availability in the game world. As @Nechrom said, the Dark Souls-style side-grading gear is much more interesting that average RPG-style loot mine.

You can combine common/rare etc. equipment with sidegrades by simply making all of this stuff viable all the way through, with many common items being reasonably powerful, especialy if you can upgrade said items. Rarer items probably could have unique powers and characteristics, but only useful if you want to build your character in a specific way. Items that are *objectively* better should be few and far between.

Edit: I just realised I essentialy wrote the same thing in the very post @BlakLite commented :p