1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carnal Souls Equipment

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Regis67, Apr 7, 2016.

1. FlenderSolas

FlenderSolas Active Member Member

It be cool to find talking weapons or armor scattered around the in-game world, they can have different personalities that fit with the weapon or armour's background, or something.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

daedaddy and Tenryuu like this.
  2. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member Member

Well, less "talking" and more "intelligent" would be good.

Does anyone remember Crysis with its incessant "maximum armour", "maximum damage", "maximum stealth", "maximum-maximum-maximum..."? Or Fallout NV with similarly "helpful" muttering from Stealth suit MKII? Repetitive talking equipment gets really annoying really fast.

On the other hand we have intelligent items. For example - items with morale stat from King's Bounty. It would be interesting to have equipment that actually reacts to the way you use it. Like Mage Staff, who really do not appreciate when you use her as glorified club (and can get her point across via lightnings and fireballs in your direction instead that of enemies).

3. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

[​IMG]

4. Leorden

Leorden New Member Member

I wonder though, how powerful should those kinds of weapons be? I mean, obv if your dealing with one than it should be extremely more important than a dagger you found lining around, or even whats easily available for the public.

Yet at the same time, such items demand that you deal with an entirely separate entity, with it's own desires. That will make more difficult and thus less popular than just good old flaming sword of death. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to be in the game/have one, yet I don't fancy having the best/nearly the best items in the game tied to say, a whining brat that demands I only use it for starting fires or justice or something or other.

What do you guys think?

5. Ri Mactire

Ri Mactire New Member Member

I would imagine that type of weapon should start at medium power, better then what you find on the ground but not as good as something that drops off of a dragon god, however it should be capable of growing to that level of power over time if you develop a relationship with it or do some type of quest line to get it to that power. also if you have one intelligent weapon in the game you should have others with different personalities so if you want an intelligent weapon your not stuck with a sword that hates it when you do certain things

Farlun and Tenryuu like this.
  6. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member Member

I would say that power must come at a cost. If some weapon is simply better than everything else of its kind - why would not everyone simply manufacture this weapon en masse? Superior weapons must have some drawbacks. Disagreeable intelligence is one such drawback :D

7. BlakLite

BlakLite Member Member

Do you mean something reminiscent of Mr. Zurkon or one of the talking weapons from Borderlands 2? If so, I'm game, as long as the dialogue is entertaining.

8. FlenderSolas

FlenderSolas Active Member Member

Exactly!

Also the dialogue can entertaining if done right and not sounding annoying or obnoxious (looking at you Bane)o_O

Yeah I can also see a little of Mr. Zurkon here!

9. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

I recall in this legend you could stumble upon both cursed and enchanted equipment and not know which was which until donning it. Normally you'd have to trek all the way back to town to get it appraised/cleaned (at a price), though I think in later levels you could learn a spell to sense the aura yourself.

But yeah, chalk another one up for magicked items.

10. Sarzael

Sarzael New Member Member

I think while you should be able to find or acquire powerful items, you should also be able to enhance that random sword you found lying around without a pint of magic into a worthy weapon with enough effort.

Personally, I have always been a fan of obtaining abilities through story or character progression. For those who have played CoC, I liked the idea of being able to train with (a very unlikeable) teacher in order to become better at using the Bow. That random sword might not be anything special when you first pick it up, but just as you go through adventures, so does it. And that random sword becomes the sword that bathed in the blood of a dragon you slaughtered. And that armour is the one you ritually purified to protect you from spirits.

Ritzy likes this.
  11. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Well-Known Member Member

Weapons I would like to see: Whips, black powder rifles, magic staves, polearms/halberds, and throwing weapons.

Adding in support for sentient/living weapons, armor, and items. Similar to that, I would LOVE to see symbiote-like creatures in the game, able to bond with a willing (or unwilling) host. In D&D, there are things called Symbionts that players can graft onto themselves, and boy are there alot of them!

http://www.realmshelps.net/magic/items/grafts.shtml
    Notable grafts include: third eyes, tentacle arms, the skin of a demon, parasitic worms that live in your gut, and replacing your arm with an actual snake.
    (Please let us replace our arms with snakes, that would make combat and sexy times so much more interesting: even more-so if the snake can talk!)

There are also a bunch of homebrew Symbionts out there, both for D&D itself, or even Pathfinder!

RevorDragon, daedaddy and Farlun like this.
  12. daedaddy

daedaddy Well-Known Member Member

armors for specific races that provide buffs for certain aspects of that race, if you were a dragon you could get armor of fire breathing or something like that that would make your fire breath stronger, maybe even in sexual ways like armor of egg laying which makes you lay more eggs as a bunny/harpy or whatever and bigger ones at that.

RevorDragon likes this.
  13. Sarzael

Sarzael New Member Member

Bunnies lay eggs!?!

14. Ritzy

Ritzy Member Member

Of course, every easter day

RevorDragon and NizzJipple like this.
  15. RevorDragon

RevorDragon Active Member Member

I just hope that eventually there will be a way to store a very large amount of items, not exactly from the start, but perhaps upgrading to the point where you'll be store your collection of armor or clothing or weapons.

Also, I agree with the living armor ideas, and if they are goo like or such hopefully you can choose the gender instead of just being female by default. not enough male goos.

Atomicbob likes this.