1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CS Idea Thread

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Larry Land Lord, May 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GreenSleeves

GreenSleeves Active Member Member

Possible meta joke:
    An apien comments that a honeycomb's design is recognized as first-rate, and that's why maps are divided into hexes.

2. Farlun

Farlun Well-Known Member Member

Honestly, at this point, I can't really find much enjoyment in pre-written sex scenes where I can get real custom sex in Lilith's Throne. While obviously a bit too mechanical, I think such a mechanic is much better than the old-school walls of smut other games shove up our arses, would love something like that in CS.

Larry Land Lord and Atomicbob like this.
  3. Larry Land Lord

Larry Land Lord Well-Known Member Member

almost dead dragon, courtesy of @Atomicbob in question thread 95
    you receive a quest to defeat a dragon who is claimed to be ravaging the area.
    when you get there, it turns out a group of cultist/bandits/villains have been doing crazy voodoo hoodoo to use the captive dragons power. in order to save the dragon and the area from cultists you must go through a moderately difficult dungeon.
    throughout the dungeon you may uncover clues as to what exactly the abilities of the dragon are. leftover notes from these villains describe ways to permanently take the dragons power.
    by the end of the dungeon you find the dragon is a mere minutes away from passing on. depending on the clues you found you can give him another chance:

if no clues found you can receive some hard hitting words of wisdom and some dragon scales for your trouble.

second option depending on notes found: save the dying creature by merging with it. after learning a particularly creative magicians plan you may save it by taking it into your body for a free **permanent** dragon tf, a mental guide and some cool perks/bonuses.
    --i'd like to choose what type of dragon you get to turn into. full dragon with muzzle or hybrid human, i prefer the latter.
    third choice depending on notes found: you can turn the dragon into a sick sword that occasionally comments on your adventures.
    this next part is definitely reaching, but evil players may be offered to join the cultist for an alternate quest where yiu can actually fight the dragon, since you might want the epic sounding dragon hunt quest to lead to a hard battle. or maybe in the routes where you save the dragon, he requires a fight to prove your worthy to carry him?
    that way, you can let the dragon die for gear (or kill him), save him by merging, or save him by turning him into a weapon. what a crazy unique quest.
    theres probably some way you could integrate getting a pet dragon, through magic spirit preg or eggs, but i wasnt focused on that while writing this.

Floppyantennae, Dolfuss and Atomicbob like this.
  4. DiddlyDarny

DiddlyDarny New Member Member

Hi, so I've never posted here before but I've been observing Carnal Soul's development some time now. I just had an idea that came to me about a game mechanic I think would be interesting and I hope this is an okay place post it! This is also going to be pretty long - sorry I couldn't cut it down but it's something I wanted to get off my chest!

I've played a number of adult games similar Carnal Souls, ones that most of us probably have already played eg. CoC, TiTS, Lilith's Throne, the list goes on. I love these games which is why i'm so excited for this one! Just recently though it occurred to me while I was in the shower that there is aspect of all of these adult games I think is missing and would benefit greatly with it. When playing these games, my character progresses and undergoes transformations, despite this though, it seems like the world around them doesn't ever acknowledge my outward appearance even though the game is based on fetishes, kinks, and attraction. The exceptions would of course be during sex when it describes your assets and then also certain gender restrictions other characters might have in sexual attraction. It's quite sad for me really because one of, if not my favorite part of playing the game is seeing how outrageously sexy or kinky I can get my character to appear. It's so much fun to explore all the possible races or types of body parts you can have, almost like getting achievements or a separate progression system that is my characters appearance. Eventually after I have gotten these things, however, I feel rather underwhelmed and unrewarded because virtually nothing in my game changes besides certain sex options, encumbrance, or if your really lucky: a spell or trait. What I would LOVE to see is a gameplay mechanic where the other npcs seem to actually acknowledge what I look like as a character. I feel as though encounters in these games act as if the person/creature who has approached you or is fighting with you is wanting to fuck you simply because it's horny or that's just it's nature. What if instead your attraction played a part in why the thing wants to fuck you? This aspect would hopefully, a. make the player feel as though their appearance matters and feel like they are desirable or not. b. give the game more of a dynamic play and interesting experience. c. allow you to alter gameplay based on if you want to be a flashy sex god or someone who lays low.

Since I don't have hardly any experience with programming or creating a game alike, I am not sure how time-consuming or hard it would be to implement something like this. A maybe 'simple' way you could do it, would be to have a base 'attraction' or 'sexiness' value of your character. This would just define their universal beauty with something like handsomeness or prettiness or something gender neutral like 'attractiveness'. Then have another factor being the items or apparel the character is wearing (are they flashing their goods or wearing something sexy, then that would attract more attention). This could be defined as something like 'sexiness' and allow the character to influence their outward appearance in a non-permanent way. Then lastly have their attraction to other characters be influenced by these charterer's own preferences or kinks. A way to do this without individually creating values for each character, which I imagine would take too much time, would be to have it determined by grouping. Say for example some npc is a horse-morph and is gay, then they might find bigger dicks and masculine individuals more attractive, which you could explain why that is because of their culture (horses might see bigger dicks as better) and their sexuality (they gay, they like men). The opposite then might be true for a character who is a lesbian cow morph (no super into dicks, just boobs). This attraction would hopefully apply to npcs as well as enemies, which would fix the trope of every fuckable npc jumping on you without any progression or development. Not that this is horrible or anything, it just removes a lot of the satisfaction and the rewarding feeling of this npc wanting to have sex with you. One other benefit of having these sexiness and attractiveness levels would be these could in turn affect options in battle there might be like teasing or seduction, something that does sexual 'damage' so to speak. If there also was ever an option to become a prostitute or work in a brothel, these values might contribute to the amount of profit you make!

Now to clarify what I mean by your sexiness or attractiveness increasing attention and therefore encounters, I think that this could be both fights or events. I hesitate to say that more flashy and sexual characters should have increased chances of people or things wanting to have sex/fight with them because that might screw up other gameplay mechanics, (experience, looting) and clearly favor one play style or the other. Maybe then to add balance, playing with a sexier character might open sexual doors for you easier (npcs might be more willing to have sex with you), but will also attract unwanted debuffs or chance events (think high risk, high reward). Or you could simply have your attractiveness be bought, like a potion that increases your base 'good-looks', and have that be an investment of it's own.

Another optional way to approach this could be your sexiness would progress with your level or advancement through the game, meaning that your attraction gain is forced and as the game progresses, you attract higher level enemies with your good looks and you can sex-up npcs more. This gives the game a linear development and more rewards for progression, something that I think a lot of people would find satisfying. You could also explain the character's progression of sexiness easily through plot or plot events. Lilith's Throne had the protagonist have a super strong magic aura because it was a human and from another world, this aura overpowering theirs would lead to others finding them super attractive or would get horny real quick. Something like that is a way of introducing the mechanic that i'm talking about, however, in the game as your aura developed (you leveled up and became more powerful) there wasn't a direct correlation in increase of attractiveness or how people or events treat you like what i'm talking about. You could also have a potion of increased attraction be a plot reward and incentive for pursing the main story or side stories. This linear version might seem like a logical way of implementing this mechanic since i'm pretty sure everyone makes their character more attractive as the game goes on anyways. However, it is good to keep in mind that it would limit the players freedom somewhat, where they can't exactly control their attractiveness. Because of this, I think the original option mentioned before might be better but that could be discussed.

Also on the topic of attraction: Despite this system just mentioned of npcs have their own preferences and personal attraction, I always thought it was a bit disappointing when you couldn't have sex or romance someone because of your race/species or gender. Having these restrictions tend to limit a lot of the pool of npcs you can engage with and it sucks when you really like a character but they won't ever have the option to have sex with you because you don't fit their 'type' or gender. That's why I think it would be cool that say if the player was super sexy and the npc was attracted to them based on their preferences or sexuality, then they would display that through flirting with the character or complementing them on their appearance. If they didn't fit their preferences though, then they wouldn't be as forward and outwardly flirty. Still if you developed their relationship, then would still be okay with the possibility of sex because they are comfortable with you and wouldn't mind exploring despite you not fitting in their 'type'.

To elaborate a little more, I also think that the subject of the mechanics of the players attraction or sexiness, you could separate the character's appearance in multiple ways. The closest thing CoC and TiTs had to 'attractiveness' was I think your level of masculinity and femininity. And while I appreciated their implementation of it as a spectrum, I felt a little disappointed that your masculinity and femininity covered your body as well as your facial appearance and was tied to your gender in a way. What I think Carnal Souls would really benefit from would be femininity and masculinity values for facial appearance and then ones for your body, which would free up more kinds of characters you could create. Say for example you wanted to make a rather masculine looking boy, but their body is very feminine, resulting in something like a twink rather than a femboy. In my opinion, I think Lilith's Throne and TiTs does a good job of having the character decide their gender, despite parts, which allows more combinations and eliminates unnecessary complication (this is something I think would be good in Carnal Souls as well). But contrary to CoC and TiTs, I also think it would be productive to have your masculinity and femininity values separate from the physical attractiveness of your character's body and face, meaning you could have an extremely attractive person, yet they are still look androgynous. With all these features in mind, a character for example might then be described as "an androgynous hermaphrodite-male with a hyper-masculine facial appearance and a very feminine body" or if a character is less complex with no difference in body or facial masc/fem values and no extra genitals: "a female with a very feminine appearance." I hope this isn't too complicated or confusing and what i'm trying to say makes sense! Anyways, I guess some of this isn't super important or anything, but I just thought it would be cool to share the idea since I think it would free up a lot more options in customization.

Basically I think would be really cool would be to have give the player that choice, to allow the player to create any kind of character they want and have that change actual gameplay! With your clothing also, you can either walk down the streets wearing a full BDSM, revealing outfit, attracting attention and turning heads - or blending in with the crowd or shrouding yourself in a cloak to avoid detection or unwanted encounters. This is something that I think would really give your character personality! You could also replay the game, role playing different characters (say a masculine shark-morph herm-male or an androgynous lion-morph female) and have an altered experience in content and gameplay, with new people to pursue and different kinds of enemies who are trying to fuck you more. That's something that would really separate this game from any other adult game I've seen so far.

Anyways, just thought i'd share my idea I had and some of my thoughts. Let me know what you think, how do you think this would work/is it something that has interest?

Sorry this post became so long but I hope this might sound interesting to someone! I am so looking forward to what this game is going to become and the hard work and dedication in getting it done is truly admirable. Much love!

5. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

We had a thread akin to this a while back. I can't imagine the calculations it'd take for the back-end, but it'd be hella cool if how you dress and how you carry yourself play to different NPCs in different ways, like how the girlfriends in GTA4 have different preferences for clothing, cars and venues. It is amusing that given these games have you meet every range of social rung from woodland outlaws to aristocracy, you can go straight from A to B without anyone batting an eye at your attire. :p

6. DiddlyDarny

DiddlyDarny New Member Member

Oh that idea of auras is really interesting! But you're right, it would complicated to set up for sure and I do totally get why so many things in the games break continuity since they must take forever to write. I do think the problem with attire is pretty amusing because you can get away with doing such noble, hero-like things, all while wearing something like an elastic thong! :rolleyes: Maybe it's just food for thought this early on in the development, i'm super happy people are thinking about things like this!

Larry Land Lord and Atomicbob like this.
  7. Everwinter

Everwinter New Member Member

This gonna sound weird but I really like the idea of a feral body. I'm not talkin taur either. I mean full on feral body no arms just legs.