1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January Update (NSFW)

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Benji, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Hey guys,

Hope everyone had a lovely new year and holiday time, whatever your preferred choice of celebration. Here's to an awesome 2018 for everyone. :)

As you might expect, we've mostly been enjoying some time off over the holiday. However, Crimson has been undertaking the process of merging all of Goldie's progress, with Goldie's help, which is an arduous task but needs to be done before we can release any new update, since it includes the now comprehensive Body system and functioning Producer/Director text systems. Once that's squared away the next task is to improve the inventory screen and build a selection of demonstration TF items. On my end I'll be writing the scenes themselves and getting fully to grips with our scene-building software.

Also, as promised, here's the art from the last Patreon update. $5 and up tiers on Patreon will usually get this stuff sooner. There was also a request last time for some mock-ups I've made, so I've included that as well.

Avien Mage
    [​IMG]

Repten Hunter
    [​IMG]

Big Barbarian Dude
    [​IMG]
    (Nude Version)

As mentioned in the Patreon update, by no means will all character in CS be huge, hung, or buxom. That's just where my interests lie so it's more fun for me to work with.

Inventory Screen Mock-Up
    [​IMG]

Important to note there that the ability scores on the left aren't final yet and a lot of the information presented is just for display demonstration. Nor is it a final design, but that's where we're aiming for now.

Until next time!

Passerby, Dolfuss, Zanzuki93 and 5 others like this.
  2. daedaddy

daedaddy Well-Known Member Member

i had never considered thicc birds until this point in my life

Atomicbob and Benji like this.
  3. Farlun

Farlun Well-Known Member Member

If the UI will be as slick as on the mock-up that alone will make you look a class better than the competition.

Add good writing and we have a great game!

Speaking of, I really love how you said “I like big guys and busty gals but game’s quality takes priority over my interests”, most other adult game designers aren’t able to comprehend that part and produce extensive and high quality games focused on a minimal amount of preferences.

4. Benji

Thank you. It's something about which I'm keenly aware, but I guess there'll be an unavoidable bias to begin with. You'll always get the best out of an artist if you ask for something they enjoy. All I can do is try to minimise that bias and provide as much content and quality for as many interests as well as my own until we're at the point I can bring other creators on to cover more bases. Luckily I have a lot of interests, but excess is probably at the top.

Farlun, Zanzuki93, Nechrom and 2 others like this.
  5. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Well-Known Member Member

Happy new year, Benji and Co.! <3

Hoo boy, this is a heck of an update, and its looking great!
    My my, she's very well endowed! Do Aviens breatfeed their young? If so, I imagine it can be quite painful for them. Birds can have sharp beaks, and I've had my birds draw blood a few times.
    The first art I've seen for Reptens has them sticking their tongues out in true lizard form, and I appreciate that. Now, is this a male or a female repten? I'm curious if their women have breasts or not.

My, what a hunk! Not often I see an uncircumsized schlong depicted in lewd art, though.
    Huh.

And here is the star of the show: an inventory mock up! There are so many lovely little details on this screen, and I could go on for awhile analyzing all of them, but a few of my favorites include:
    -The visually appealing UI, which matches the black and grey color schemes here on the forums (I've grown to quite like it!)
    -Tabs for every little aspect of the character
    -Judging by the Equip section that shows a left and a right hand on two different items, I'm guessing dual-wielding is going to be in Carnal Souls, and that sounds awesome to me! I am obligated to ask, but can certain items be equipped only in a specific hand (I.E. shields must always be in the right hand)? Also, can I dual wield shields?
    -Moves for specific weapons! I'm assuming that each weapon will have its own moves and abilities, and I was quite pleased to see this.
    -Different values for each of the Zweihanders in the inventory. To me, this hints that weapon upgrading might be a thing: the more you upgrade, the more powerful and valuable the weapon becomes.

Apologies if I've asked this before, but will there be a way to change the size of the font in-game?

It's looking fantastic guys, and from the sounds of things, a playable demo isn't too far off. Keep up the amazing work! :D

Farlun and daedaddy like this.
  6. Atomicbob

Oh, I just noticed:
    Each of the (lovely) character artworks has their race and a class attached to them. Will classes be a thing in this game, and if so, will we be able to change them?

daedaddy likes this.
  7. Benji

Dual-wielding will be a thing, yep. I don't see a need to restrict certain items to a particular hand, since we don't have animation to worry about. Don't see a reason you can't wield two shields right now but it could change.

Just demonstration for different monetary values in this case.You're not wrong though, I want there to be weapon improvements and enchantments.

It's planned; we want that too.

Closer to Dark Souls. Origins determine starting stats and after that it's whatever you can use.

Either/or. Highborn Reptens have no external features to identify their gender. Lowborns are closer to their mammalian cousins.

I come from a country where it's largely not a thing. Not everyone with a dick in CS will be uncut, though. My personal lack of understanding aside, some folks prefer them cut.

To keep this post becoming too much of a wall I'll just say an overall thank you for the kind words and well-wishes. Love you all. <3

Passerby, Farlun, Zanzuki93 and 2 others like this.
  8. Atomicbob

Aka, how classes should be handled. <3
    You have no idea how excited I am to hear that; I loved the way Dark Souls did its class system! Besides stat boosts, will different classes/origins in Carnal Souls have other benefits as well, like different starting items and equipment?

Interesting. Is it just Reptens that have different racial variants like that, or will something like that exist for every race?

9. Benji

Exactly that, yep.

Definitely want to have racial variants in there, but for Reptens it's integral to their society. Whereas wolves and dogs and different breeds thereof live together pretty equally for Canens, for example.

Passerby, Farlun and Atomicbob like this.
  10. daedaddy

excuse me, i heard dual wielding? very cool
    smut games rarely have this option and i think its pretty cool :D
    P.S i would like to dual wield great swords at the cost of lots of speed
    dual wielding shields is cool too
    love ya

Farlun, Benji and Atomicbob like this.
  11. GreenSleeves

GreenSleeves Well-Known Member Member

I can tell you're not a chicken farmer. It's all about breasts and thighs.

And Benji, I'm curious. What race is that big wall of barbarian?

daedaddy, Farlun and Atomicbob like this.
  12. daedaddy

clever
    P.S
    i just noticed that the bird was futa, very well hidden and drawn

Atomicbob likes this.
  13. Benji

Seeecret.

GreenSleeves, Zanzuki93 and Atomicbob like this.
  14. Atomicbob

Secret bird dick. :O

Zanzuki93 likes this.
  15. Zanzuki93

Zanzuki93 Member Member

well well well so this is what you were working on benji!? i absolutely love the UI it looks so nice with plenty of menus leading to there respective features. However i have a question that space right next to inventory indicator is that a space for another button that may lead back to the game once you are finished with looking at your inventory? Also where would we locate the magic for our characters would it be part of armors or weapons?

PS: Why is the BFG only worth 20 silver and 15 copper? :p

Atomicbob likes this.
  16. Zanzuki93

Zanzuki93 Member Member

i didn't notice it until closer inspection ;)

17. Ritzy

Ritzy Member Member

Well it look like I am from the minority who like that.

Zanzuki93, daedaddy and Atomicbob like this.
  18. Shadefalcon

Shadefalcon Active Member Member

Dual shields. It´s time to start the legend of the shield hero!
    Spam shield bash!
    Oooooh! Unless all whipswords are two handed, I could dual wield one of my fav weapons! :O

Not sure if I´ve asked this before, but will gods have a present in Carnal Souls?
    Can you f. ex. affiliate yourself with a certain god to get specific stuff for that god/goddess, small perks f. ex? (Wet dreams!)

Atomicbob and Farlun like this.
  19. Farlun

Farlun Well-Known Member Member

If my memory is correct the gods play a vital role in the story and the gameplay itself, but I don’t remember the details. There’s more about this system in older design posts.

Well, not everyone is perfect :v

——

Futa bird - Well done! Almost fooled me! Nicely done, quite subtle, most other games would have her shooting that lightning out from her dick...

Dolfuss, Benji, Zanzuki93 and 2 others like this.
  20. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

Welp, I'm sold so hard the only way to get a piece is through stock options. That inventory screen may be the sexiest part of the whole lineup. :p If that much love and care is dedicated to the basic UI, I can't even begin to imagine how the game will play as a whole.