1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-April Update

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Benji, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay. My main monitor, which serves as my primary art workspace, died. Was up a long time trying to fix it, but I fear it's bit the dust. Just glad I got the game background image for Mistress Woodshank done before it happened. Goldie was away for a week, and (unrelated) my life rather fell to bits. So, while it's not been a massively productive few weeks, with the exception of my workspace, things are on the mend. I've also been trying to give up smoking. Down from a pack to 2!

Anyway. I've updated the body system map, after some discussion with Goldie. The body system is one of the biggest puzzles to solve in terms of system design - it's complicated, and needs to have capacity for change built-in. It also has to be cleverly organised so that the rest of our systems, like the director, don't need to do a lot of work to get the data they need. It also preferably needs an interface built into the Unity editor, which will allow us a much greater ease in debugging later.

The whole lower-body region is now responsible for tracking most things from the hips down, with the exception of feet, for digitigrade/plantigrade changes. For the upper-body, the arms and chest have separate muscle/fatness values, and the belly too will have its own measurements in order to better represent pregnancy and other belly-growing things. I also added the butt region, which was a criminal oversight on the first pass. Again, the system is very much still under design, so it's likely to change. Hopefully the visual map will become a good reference later for content generation.

[​IMG]

Crimson's been putting what time he can into working on our GUI and handling code merges. I also finished up the background image for Mistress Woodshank's cottage when the player visits her. I did some different NSFW versions for the Patreon, as it seemed like a good opportunity to provide a little extra as thanks for support.

[​IMG]

Mistress Woodshank is probably one of my favourite characters, as she's very much still a mystery to me, but I came up with a fair bit more background for her while I worked on this. There's also a couple other versions, including one if she's absent when you visit her:

[​IMG]

Until next time!

daedaddy, Atomicbob and Ritzy like this.
  2. NizzJipple

NizzJipple Well-Known Member Member

This is unrelated to the game, but congrats trying to curve your smoking habit! My dad smoked frequently and now has chronic bronchitis and COPD, along with other health issues from years of alcohol abuse. Needless to say, they're not fun for him. So just remember to take care of yourself - it will help the game tremendously as well.

As far as the update itself goes, I'm surprised that there's different levels of body fat for independent limbs. This, obviously, allows for deeper customization options... at the cost of a trickery workload, I'm sure.

But hey! If you're getting stressed out, you now have a free outlet--your monitor! Just grab your blunt instrument of choice and go to town on that piece of shit. It's highly therapeutic.

Oh yeah - Mistress Woodskank looks awesome! And yes, that's what I'm calling her. In fact, that might be a neat interaction between the player and the witch: continually call her 'Wood Skank', and have her prove who the REAL skank is by using her magic on you... Might be a neat idea.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Benji likes this.
  3. daedaddy

daedaddy Well-Known Member Member

put down the cancer sticks

NizzJipple likes this.
  4. Zypher

Zypher Member Member

Interestingly, the first thing that I want to comment on as well is to congratulate you on curbing smoking, too! As Spock says: Live Long and Prosper!
    I am pretty certain that this visual map covered all possible regions, barring the multi-limb mentioned in the previous updates' posts.
    Though I'm certain it will be considered if more people casts their vote on it. ^_^

Benji likes this.
  5. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Well-Known Member Member

Smoking is a hard habit to kick, so good on you for making progress! :D

I'm getting super giddy over the sheer amount of body customization that's being put int CS, and I cannot wait to try it out!
    Now, when I saw 'other belly-growing things', my mind immediately jumped to slime inflation, hehe...

Finally, Mistress Woodshank has such a wonderful Witch vibe about her! All that's missing is a black cat familiar lurking nearby. Are there any plans to make her a magic teacher, perhaps?

Benji likes this.
  6. daedaddy

also
    despite putting down the cancer sticks, as someone whos been around smoking for a long time big respect for trying to put it away, <3
    thanks for this update

we've had this conversation before bob, but im still lost on this slime inflation stuff?

Benji likes this.
  7. Atomicbob

It's a fetish, and one that I'm kind of fond of. I'm weird like that.

8. daedaddy

yea but what is it?
    i looked up slime inflation and i didnt find anything

9. Atomicbob

It's basically when a slime or ooze monster forces its way into someone's body though an orifice.

10. daedaddy

im here to say the witch looks good and i like slime.

Atomicbob and Benji like this.
  11. Atomicbob

Witches are cool as hell, honestly.

daedaddy likes this.