1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-February Update

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Benji, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Hey guys,

So I think I've finally arrived at a good model overall for NPC and Player stats/attributes/skills. Part of what made it tough was designing it so that the player and NPC's/Staff had some overlapping functionality while keeping the two as simple as possible. So Staff can do their jobs, but the player can also do Staff jobs too (with the same effect on productivity as well as skill training), as well as the other stuff the Player can do that Staff cannot.

With that hopefully out of the way, barring any (more) sudden realisations none of it will work, I can return to the character generation scripts and start having the game generate NPC's for hire. That part's probably the biggest chunk out of the key elements needed for something playable since it includes skills, stats, all the body stuff for transformatives, so on. After that I'll be moving on to making facilities work and the code needed to see how well they're working based on the skills of who the player employs there.

2. Azrin

Azrin Member Member

Good to hear on the progress. Looking forward to when a playable alpha or sub-alpha comes out.

Benji likes this.
  3. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

I'm just imagining what happens when the PC has worse stats than the dedicated staffer. :p

Benji likes this.
  4. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Pretty much, haha. I'd certainly like to add some flavour like that.

Dolfuss likes this.