1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-June Update

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Benji, Jun 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Hey guys,

Apologies for the late post. Got a little sick the last couple days, but I'm feeling better now. Special thanks to @NizzJipple for their nice morale-boosting tweets. <3

So, some good news to start with. I recently heard from a friend of mine who had been radio silent for over a year as he dealt with medical issues. Already a networking programmer, he's always wanted to learn Unity and game development, and with lots more free time, he's begun doing just that so that he can specifically help us out. It may yet be a little while before he can work directly, but if he's anything as committed as Goldie, he'll be a great asset to us. Crimson has also kindly offered their tutelage and guidance. I'll keep you all informed of his progress.

Last week I mentioned working on a larger art piece, both to improve my armour design and detailing. I finished it and I'm pretty happy with the result, though truth be told I hurt my hand a bit on it. I drew it up as a digital pencil drawing first, then added colour afterwards, with the aim of making it look like official Dungeons and Dragons book material, or close to it. I only realised afterward the Greater Dog vibe he gives off. That's what I get for not playing Undertale.

[SFW] Original black and white.
    https://i.imgur.com/5IVmx3i.png

[SFW] Added colour.
    https://i.imgur.com/n8WJsmZ.png

[SFW] Detail shots.
    https://i.imgur.com/ZLtgmPf.jpg

Here are also some past finished collaborative YCH commissions done with my friend Boo. They're all rather hyper and excessive.

[NSFW] A horny seaside ice-cream parlour.
    https://i.imgur.com/Il4wyna.png

[NSFW] A pretty large scene of an even hornier backyard barbeque.
    https://i.imgur.com/i59qWez.png

Apologies again for the lateness. Until next time!

2. daedaddy

daedaddy Well-Known Member Member

Benji likes this.
  3. GreenSleeves

GreenSleeves Well-Known Member Member

That Havoc is one big boy. The six foot man for scale hits him at juuuust the right spot.

I want to like him so I'm choosing to believe that "devourer of orcs" is a euphemism.
    In which case I may envy him.

Benji likes this.
  4. Shadefalcon

Shadefalcon Active Member Member

Nice art Benji! I like some thicc girls!

Benji likes this.
  5. Mustang Flex

Mustang Flex Member Member

Worrying implications about how not-Greater Dog probably can't even move with his musculature that makes a space marine look twiggy in comparison aside, that is one badass looking doggo. Also, (insert obligatory ree about how a scythe is a terrible idea for a weapon)

Glad to hear y'all may be getting some more help at some point in the future. Crimson probably having to take more time out of their schedule to help train him sounds a little iffy in the short term. But it sounds like the kind of thing that'll more than pay for itself down the line. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Benji and Floppyantennae like this.
  6. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

So he's divine progeny...
    ...speaks with God...
    ...and turns water into wine.

Is he Jesus Dog?

Also,
    "God is on my side!"
    "How do you know?"
    "He gave me his skin."

At least the pauldrons are finally proportionate! :D

Benji likes this.
  7. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Yeah. Welcome to the biggest dilemma of my job. Current devs have little to no time most weeks. Bringing on someone new means them spending what time they do have teaching the newcomer how everything we've built works (there's a lot). Can't afford to hire anyone, can't accept random applications for help without endangering us to contract-less agreements that jeopardise license/ownership. Absolutely can't (and won't) replace our current devs, since effectively I'd be asking them to train their replacements, for free. The promise of this new person is that he wants to do most of their learning himself, as well as being very intelligent, and a good friend of mine as well. So, with some luck, Crimson's involvement should be sufficient with just pointers to programming concepts for him to study, for the most part. This was essentially the same situation that got us Goldie, who has built entire systems herself after having no experience with Unity at all. So, I have hope. As always we work with what we have.

Yeah, he knows. He's not a clever man. But even a terrible idea for a weapon, made big and heavy enough, can be quite effective.

My god. Brb, telling my DM.

8. Everwinter

Everwinter New Member Member

Not a fan of hyper at all, but can't deny the gorgeous artwork. 4/5 Stars -IGN

Floppyantennae and Benji like this.
  9. Mustang Flex

Mustang Flex Member Member

Shit you right. When I noticed the armor only went half way down the torso I wrote it off as your typical fantasy armor design that fails to take into account that vital organs are, in fact, vital. (The better of the two bad fantasy armor types. Better at least than stuff that has about as much mass as a dump truck with no feasible means of actually moving in it) But ye, nice bit of detail.

Dolfuss and Benji like this.
  10. Halbadier

Halbadier New Member Member

Love the armour very bad ass.

Benji likes this.