1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-September Update

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Benji, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Hey guys,

Recently I've been working very hard on lore and the world. As mentioned in a previous update, I've been putting together something of a D&D campaign based in CS's universe. As the players have been choosing characters, writing backstories, and asking questions, it's resulted in a lot of world-development. Which is the whole point, but I'm very happy with the progress so far.

All races have been developed further, but Boven have gotten a lot of attention in particular. This has forced me to think in greater detail about their social dynamic. They live mostly in isolation in the mountains, pursuing lives of meditation, philosophy, poetry, and martial arts. Boven society is a collection of families, arranged in a organic heirarchy. The Bullyan family rests at the top, and has done for some time. A family's standing in the community is based heavily on their daughters - well-endowed producers of milk, named Ambrosials.

A family with an endowed daughter is capable of earning more wealth in the sale or trade of her milk. Sociopolitical gains are to be had by marrying her to a favourable family. A hefty dowry is paid for the daughter, and while her milk still belongs to her family, any children she has are part of her married family.

This puts a lot of pressure on newlywed Ambrosials to breed, both to produce more daughters and because pregnant Boven are even better producers. However, life as an Ambrosial is one of luxury and borderline worship. In a specially-built palatial lounge called The Font, they are fed the finest foods, able to relax in opulence, indulge in sapphic activities if they so choose, and are catered to constantly by Attendants - retired Ambrosials now honour-bound to care for the next generation, which includes their own. They are also taught well, educated in language, poetry, and the arts. Unwed Ambrosials of 25 or older also serve as concubines, while all often serve bellydancers, at social gatherings and events.

This has given me plenty of ideas for characters and subplots. Bottsu Bullyan, the leading Bull, happens to have the most prestigious Ambrosial daughter, but many are aware that she looks rather unlike her mother. The player that chose to play an Ambrosial boven is playing a runaway, which will create lots of interesting drama concerning her now rather dishonoured family. She may well be a character that makes it into CS.

That aside, here's some character and concept art from the past couple weeks, featuring some loose concepts for Fauns and Satyrs and an angrogynous half-elf whom I've yet to name. Dick/Boob variations of the bottom pinup on the Patreon once again, as thanks to our higher tier backers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Until next time!

Dolfuss, Ritzy, Nechrom and 4 others like this.
  2. NizzJipple

NizzJipple Well-Known Member Member

Am I sensing a theme here? Is the game going for different backstories ala Dragon Age? That's cool and furthermore fine by me. On a side note, I get the impression of a "Sanity" by looking at the cute half-elf pictured above. Feel free to use if the name strikes you. Also, good job on fleshing out the lore and the world by taking the time to DnDin' it up.

Dolfuss, daedaddy and Atomicbob like this.
  3. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Well-Known Member Member

Ooh, I'm digging the lore you've made for the Boven! As NizzJipple noticed, you said a player playing as an Ambrosial boven: does that mean that the characters we pick will have their own backstories? Also, will there be multiple types of backstories to choose from when selecting race? Again, it reminds me of the first Dragon Age, where when you picked an elf, you could choose to be a 'wild' elf or a 'city' elf. Hoo boy I'm excited, and I cannot WAIT to see what sort of stuff we can do!

Also, random question, but will the races have different phenotypes/sub-races? For example, a sub-race of the Horses could be Unicorns.

4. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member Member

Now that's interesting, @Benji :)

And presence of both philosophy and hierarchy is bound to result in some kind of hermit counter-establishment movements - groups of those, who reject existing social order and either choose to live by themselves, or even plan a revolution not merely against ruling family, but against system as whole (yeah, I love revolutions ^_^).
    And that (as with any other society relying on physical traits to determine social standing) would allow anyone with powers to transform others (either via alchemy or some mystic power - yes, I still hope that PC would have something like that) to have influence (overt or covert) in this society on the level of local deity, no less.
    To transform some hopeless young adult bull into Ambrosial and breed her on the spot - now that's hot in my book.
    On the other hand - influx of Ambrosials and therefore - produced milk - would result in prices for it plummeting and influence of Ambrosials waning. This can lead to civil unrest and even get to the point of different families launching assassination campaigns against each other's Ambrosials (hello, bull-ninjas and cow-kunoichis).

daedaddy, Benji and Atomicbob like this.
  5. Benji

Possibly, later. I'd like to do it, certainly.

Atomicbob and daedaddy like this.
  6. snooze

snooze New Member Member

Dat faun tho.

7. Shadefalcon

Shadefalcon Active Member Member

I suggest that the player takes it upon him/herself to ensure the existence of the lovely faun race through the act of copulation. It might seem like a though task, but it'll be quite rewarding :p

Something which brings me on to an interesting question. How will pc/npc pregnancy be handled?

As always thanks for all the hard work CS team. And awesome art :D

Atomicbob, Passerby and Benji like this.
  8. Benji

We already have the framework in place, which will handle growth over time and have different effects. Minotaur babies will make you bigger than faun ones, for instance.

Atomicbob and Shadefalcon like this.
  9. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member Member

That's great, but what about cases where PC is the father? How will they be tracked and processed?

10. Benji

The same way. The Body system has been built to be universal - it can apply to NPC's as well as the player.

Dolfuss, Farlun, Atomicbob and 2 others like this.
  11. daedaddy

daedaddy Well-Known Member Member

i was looking for the body parts and i came across this and i would just like to say what i didnt say before:
    the faun queens design is great and the fauns look pretty too.

Benji and Dolfuss like this.