1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-September Update

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Benji, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Hey guys,

Apologies this one's a couple days late, been having internet issues on top of everything else. The team's situations haven't changed much. Much of my thoughts have been directed towards finding ways to help Crimson, in a kind of 'save the cheerleader, save the world' sort of way. With the help of some very generous friends, I've been able to collaborate on art projects and secure some new equipment to help me draw more in spite of my chronic pain - the goal being to help Crimson secure a better living standard. Crimson means a lot to me, but helping them comes with the added benefit of securing more time for Carnal Souls.

I loathe to write updates with so little progress in them. Writing updates like these feels like standing up in front of a firing squad sometimes; I feel no less obligated to deliver than I did after the Indiegogo. But, as someone here on the forums reminded me, you guys are here because you care about the project, maybe as much as I do; that's why we're all still here.

As a general status update, as mentioned in another thread, we're actually very close to that playable client update. In terms of start to finish, we're about 90% there. Producer/Director systems are up and running, we have a working overworld map, battles are functional but unfinished, inventory too, the huge Body system designed by Goldie is implemented, physical generation of NPC's also, and tests so far show these all working correctly together. We only have a few more modules to implement to make things playable and expandable.

This year's been truly one of the worst in my life, but we're not giving up. Within the coming weeks I plan to do some auctions or other art projects to raise money for Crimson, and have got some art friends willing to help too. So, in short, we face problems, but as ever we're working on solutions. Thanks all for continuing to be a wonderful community. <3 you all.

Until next time!

Dolfuss, Atomicbob, Passerby and 5 others like this.
  2. Larry Land Lord

Larry Land Lord Well-Known Member Member

3. Zanzuki93

Zanzuki93 Member Member

I am glad you guys are so determined hope everything works out :)

Benji likes this.
  4. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member Member

@Benji, tempting Fate like that is a bad, bad idea (also, I dare you to invoke this trope somewhere in the game =P ). You have clear goals and perspectives (not to mention dozens of people out there rooting for you). That is much more than the vast majority of humanity can say for themselves.

Zanzuki93 likes this.
  5. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Well-Known Member Member

Fingers crossed that the universe throws you and Crimson a bone! Nothing but the best!

Ritzy, Benji, Zanzuki93 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ursula

Ursula New Member Member

The anticipation for releasing the first playable update must be killing you! I'm glad that you're putting so much effort and love into this game, and though the journey has been hard, I'm sure that the end result will be worth it. I've been following this game since the beginning and I cannot wait to play it! But please do not over work yourself! Best of luck!

Ritzy and Benji like this.
  7. Larry Land Lord

Larry Land Lord Well-Known Member Member

drinking water will speed up development time by 10%

8. Zypher

Zypher Member Member

Wishing you and Crimson all the best! Taking care of yourselves comes first! Because without you guys, there is no game, so you really should not feel bad about writing an update with little progress. In my opinion, having an update (not to mention updates which are scheduled!) at all beats some of the other developers I have seen elsewhere on the internet who only update occasionally.

Dolfuss and Atomicbob like this.