1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Money!!! Money!!!

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Regis67, Apr 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Regis67

Regis67 Active Member Member

So in Carnal Souls we have a bronze, silver, and gold currency system according to a gallery picture. Is it possible for certain items to have a 4th currency or is that to much? Ideas?

Just a speculation thread. Anything discussed here may not even be in the game.

RevorDragon and Shadefalcon like this.
  2. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

I'm sure some of the more rare items will have unique trade currencies for them. For example some more primitive folk might not have use for the standard currency and may require some special trades using other items as payment.

RevorDragon, JfromfarPY and Regis67 like this.
  3. Regis67

I would like to know if it's possible to use precious metals or even foods like precious meats for trade might be a good idea, but that's a whole other system to develop.

4. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

I'm guessing that outside of very rare cases you'll just have to sell the valuable and then use regular currency to buy. We'll most probably see valuables like gems and rare metals which we can sell.

Regis67 likes this.
  5. Shadefalcon

Shadefalcon Active Member Member

I'm imagining most things will cost copper, silver or gold. But other things have to be gained through giving them something else they want in return. Or both. Probably gonna be some mini quests where you have to do stuff (favours, fetch items etc.) to gain stuff (Like an item or unlocking one to buy in a shop)

RevorDragon, JfromfarPY and Regis67 like this.
  6. Regis67

Would also be cool if doing the mini quest will give you a special currency which in the description says has no apparent use, and you didn't know that it would be perfect to keep it at the time, but later you could buy a rare item during an item shop in a dungeon summoned by magic. That would be fun.

Cancer likes this.
  7. JfromfarPY

JfromfarPY Member Member

I belive more in something like what happends in The Elders Scrolls III, the more know you are the more places will be open to you, the more people will be eager of trading their goods with you. Reputation maybe the currency/factor to unlock some special things as well as affinity with certain characters.

Cancer likes this.
  8. LordFaet

LordFaet New Member Member

This was my thought as well, that there would be some form of reputation system in place in addition to the normal currency. Obviously can't say for sure though, depends on what Benji's been planning for the game in terms of complexity.

Regis67 and JfromfarPY like this.
  9. Tenryuu

Tenryuu Member Member

completely agree with that, it will be annoying to be molested by bandits for the entire game like in other game where it doesn't matter if you are eating a demon heart in a pile of corpses and wearing the skin of a dragon >.>

RevorDragon likes this.
  10. DevilBone

DevilBone Active Member Member

Having a bunch of bandits try to rob me while wearing I'm glowing magical armor that makes me look like a damn demon is pretty hilarious though.

RevorDragon and Regis67 like this.
  11. Tenryuu

Tenryuu Member Member

yeah but it can be a little annoying passing the 20 time they do that :/

Regis67 likes this.
  12. NizzJipple

NizzJipple Well-Known Member Member

''That's The demigod that killed the demon queen, rescued the princess,became the champion of the arena, and can lift a horse with there massive demonic shaft"............ Lets stick our dicks in It!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Shin Majin and Regis67 like this.
  13. Regis67

There is such a thing as too much information.
    Lol.

NizzJipple likes this.
  14. Farlun

Farlun Well-Known Member Member

Shaft-lifting sounds like a good side activity tough :D

*not*

RevorDragon and NizzJipple like this.