[ART] Picking It Up

Discussion in 'User-Submitted Works' started by NizzJipple, Jul 21, 2017.

1. NizzJipple

NizzJipple Well-Known Member Member

Female.jpg

She's a bit misshapen and far from finished, but here is my first piece of tablet art! I have very little experience with art, and believe or not, I just got my tablet today. Err... If anyone wants to name her - feel free! She's an elf.

I DO plan to finish her at a later date, so look forward to my shit linework in the future!

2. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Apologies for not approving this thread sooner. Anyone else reading, feel free to send me a PM if I miss your thread for approval. Won't be a problem later after we're big enough to get some moderators on board aside from myself.

Really like the freckles. Is that her hair behind her? I dig big hair.

NizzJipple likes this.
  3. FlenderSolas

FlenderSolas Active Member Member

That's an amazing rough art of yer first character, Nizzy!

Also, for some unforeseen reason, that albeit eludes me, Avelyn -- or was it Esmeralda -- popped into my head.

NizzJipple likes this.
  4. NizzJipple

That is indeed hair behind her, now the only problem is drawing it in a way that people don't have to think "Is that hair or a cloud", haha.

Avelyn is a pretty good name. It's also the name of repeating crossbow from the Dark Souls games so that my be thematically appropriate.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    FlenderSolas and Atomicbob like this.
  5. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

I suggest showing the anchor point some more, like where the hair emerges from the headband, so the eye can see it as a contiguous shape with a starting point. :)

6. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Active Member Member

An elf with freckles and a gigantic hairdo? What's not to love!

Seconding Avelyn as a name for her, it seems like it fits. So, what sort of character will she be, Nizz?

FlenderSolas likes this.
  7. FlenderSolas

FlenderSolas Active Member Member

Haha, I hope she's a fast talker, as well as a fast hand to go along with this repeating beauty of death.

But seriously though, it'll be fun to see what you'll do with her as the game development progresses throughout.

Atomicbob likes this.
  8. NizzJipple

Latest female.png

Before any artist jumps on me - I'm aware that her clothes look flat. I neglected to add folds for a more fabric-y look. Realized it too late, so yeah, still new to drawing. I nailed those cute ears though. But onto what she looks like.

If Link and Zelda had a baby while staring intensely at a busty Thundercat this may be the result. She's a bit different than the sketch, obviously, but she came out of the oven only slightly burnt. As for what I might do with her in the future... no clue. I thought that this might inspire lore, design and so on. So lets just chalk Avelyn up to an Elf assassin that lures people with her impressive boob window.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Atomicbob and FlenderSolas like this.
  9. Larry Land Lord

Larry Land Lord Active Member Member

im late but it looks great :D

NizzJipple likes this.