1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Thread 104+104.5: A Tale of Thunder

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Larry Land Lord, Oct 8, 2019.

?

sci-fi character creation part 10: latent power with no tech augments

1. you can see and talk to ghost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. your a powerful psychic and can read minds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. your an absolute genius, easily creating your own tech

20.0%
  4. something fetish based (i.e gifted with an unshrinkable endowment, lactation, etc)

20.0%
  5. your pure sexual energy arouses everyone around you

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. your immensely powerful and can lift giant objects

20.0%
  7. you almost never miss a shot, your aim is nearly perfect

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. the ability to vote on the polls but not answer questions

40.0%
  9. your ice cold and can resist all forms of lust based attacks and advances

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. your extremely fast, borderline super speed.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Larry Land Lord

Larry Land Lord Well-Known Member Member

EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS OOO WOW THREE OF THEM

VIDEO QUESTION:
    thoughts on videos?
    POLL QUESTION:
    what was your choice and why? how has your character came along? any request for polls? i have about 2 more planned.

1. what is your favorite food? why is it your favorite food? why do you think that you gave the reason that you gave for why it is your favorite food? what is the psychological reason you like that food?

2. would you rather
    -every member of the sex your attracted to gets 50% more attractive.
    -only you get 200% more attractive based on what you find attractive in the sex your attracted to.
    this question is based off of the deepest darkest pits of your mind, even your most fetishistic attraction will effect the entire world.
    ex: i like bimbos... now everyone is 50% more of a bimbo OR i myself am 200% more of a bimbo.
    ex: passerby likes dragons? some people are now 50% more dragon
    overall, reality bending question. be careful, you never know when a reality bender will appear and alter your life based on your answers.

3. how do you feel about slavery in fetish games?
    -how would you implement it, would you do it at all?

4. what are your thoughts on involuntary tf? how would you implement it into a game while somehow warning users beforehand? would you even warn users?

5. thoughts on educational videos? thoughts on my frequent inclusion of writing prompts?

6. you look good today :)

7. what will you do after completing these questions?

8. what is something you'd like to say?

BONUS SECTION
    MAIN QUEST:
    drink water
    eat a salad
    give larry a kiss
    if all completed, +rep and larrys blessing x15

WRITERS QUEST:
    after a long day of using your beautiful well toned hands to write amazing answers to legendary questions, you receive yet another scroll from the mistress of darkness, @WildRosey
    sometimes you wonder, why does the mistress of darkness want you to write stories? but, her wish is your command... if you feel like it.
    "I humbly request you write a scene depicting a god of thunder descending to earth in the most extravagant way possible. you may include the build up to, or what happens afterwards. use your creativity to decide what the god looks like and what vibes they give off."

but wait... the mistress of darkness knew some may not be up to the task of the thunder god and included an additional, alternate scroll.

WRITERS QUEST (ALTERNATE)
    "if your reading this, that means you didn't want to write for the first one. instead, I'd like you to write a bio/character description for a hyper-sexualized goddess. bonus points if its the god of thunder."

SIDE QUEST :
    respond to at least 1 answer from the user above you
    include a picture in your response, can be of anything
    like the thread because my pitiful human mind requires validation
    if completed you get +150% HAPPINESS BOOST FOR A WEEK
    Thumbs-Up-Hamster.jpg
    shout out everyone who answers questions and everyone who does prompts
    i appreciate u

Dolfuss, Nechrom and Benji like this.
  2. Larry Land Lord

cat nostrils.png

updating this post with more questions for 104.5 since i skipped this week due to lack of responses.
    consider it kind of a bonus section
    BONUS VIDEO:

quite literally just a full episode of paternity court. its what i was watching at the time.

1. in a fantasy fetish tf game, how would you go about making character customization as good and satisfying as possible?

2. what do you think about the recent blizzard drama?
    this video may be a good summary if you dont know about it yet

3. why do you think expansion is such a popular fetish? (i'd say, if not for expansion, most of these games wouldn't exist.)

SIDE QUEST:
    include a totally hot image
    drink some water
    go for a nice little walk
    respond to this thread
    REWARDS: 150% EXP boost for 2 weeks.

BONUS QUEST:
    after sending your story scroll to the mistress of darkness (via pigeon messaging) you hear a knock on your door. you go to answer, but before you get there the knocker is gone.
    you open the door, but all that is left is a baby.
    "oh no, i have to take responsibility for this child" you say, probably one of the easiest challenges you've faced considering you met an elder god and Super Nechrom just a couple weeks ago.
    while your getting ready for father/motherhood, the baby suddenly flies upwards and in a flash of light, it turns into a little goblin character.
    (amazingly detailed description of the little goblin character)
    prince gobbo mcgoo.png
    for some unknown reason, he has a country accent. he may be faking it, but he also might not be.
    "friend, i require your assistance! i need you to write a short story about a human discovering a town of goblins. up until now, the in-story humans didn't know we existed. bonus points if you include mention of the goblin broodmothers. if you complete this task, you will be gifted with your very own, stay at home goblin servants! harem included!"
    wow, what a fascinating development. you don't seem to really have a choice so you decide to help Prince Gobbo Mcgoo III

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019 at 11:06 PM
    Dolfuss, Nechrom and Benji like this.
  3. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

It's a nice song.

If you've followed my character so far, it's not hard to guess that I picked the genius one.
    I'm happy with my character, the only issue is the way sci-fi worlds have to be pretty well defined for even just a character and their surroundings to make sense. I feel like just the basic premise of fantasy gives you a solid base that you just have to modify a bit to fit your story. Not so much with sci-fi.
    But I like world building, so having to figure out more background stuff is fun, if a bit time consuming.

As we've established previously my favorite food is pizza. I like it because I like bread, cheese and tomatoes, and the fact that everything else that goes on it is totally up to you. Pretty much every other dish has something which pulls it back from being my favorite, be it an ingredient, the way it is cooked, how you eat it etc. Pizza is just my perfect combination of basic ingredients and cooking method.

The second option as long as I either stay male but don't get female features, or I turn completely female. I don't really know how to interpret that option to be honest.

I don't really mind it, but I prefer if the "collecting of characters" is done in a voluntary fashion.
    If you want a mechanic with which to collect characters, there are many ways to write a consensual interaction that results in pretty much the same thing. LT for example did eventually add a way to get characters to move in without slavery.
    If the system has to be open ended so you could potentially have pretty much anyone move in with you, then you could vary the methods you use to convince them. Destitute vagrants might instantly jump at the opportunity to get a roof over their head, food and potential employment. But well off characters with solid living conditions might have to either really like you or be convinced that moving in with you is a good idea through other means.
    I like the idea of creating a kind of harem, it becomes an extension of your own character just like your actual possessions and other things you collect.

I would probably either do it without literal warning or not do it at all. If the game is based around it, like many of the original games in the genre, I don't think you need to warn players about it since it should be the reason they are even playing the game in the first place.
    Personally if I made a game featuring TF, I would probably leave out involuntary TF, at least for the player character. For me the thing I like about TF in games is the ability to make yourself something better in your eyes, whatever that may be. If a lot of the TF is involuntary it ends up making the TF system more tedious to work around for that purpose.
    Either you like your character becoming something random, or you don't. The developer just have to decide at the start which players they want to cater to.

I like informational videos, but they have to be about something I find interesting. Otherwise I don't really get any enjoyment from watching them. I don't blame you for not knowing what I would watch :p
    Unfortunately the thing I dislike the most about writing is the actual writing, or rather formulating my thoughts into cohesive sentences and ideally a text that is pleasant to read. I wish I didn't dislike it as much as I do, or I would probably write whenever I had time, since I absolutely love world building, making characters, coming up with stories etc.

Why thank you!
    You're not looking too bad yourself. ;)

I might just go to bed, I'm pretty tired. But knowing me I'll probably get stuck watching some video that I definitely should save for tomorrow.

After drinking your water, don't forget to also get up and move around a bit.

Kiss kiss <3

[​IMG]
    Azur Lane - not just big titties, but also smug kitties.

Larry Land Lord and Dolfuss like this.
  4. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

DANGER! DANGER!
    HIGH VOLTAGE!

Notwithstanding the issue of containment, I'm still surprised we haven't figured out a way to tap thunderstorms for electrical power.

#8 since it's the closest to 'N/A', he's a pretty average joe, let the rest come in-story. Can tell you what though, given the recent writing prompts I'm feeling a little guilty how much I've been fobbing this off. :oops: Should the last poll be about a relevant prompt?

1. As per Thread 19, because it tastes good, it's the truth, because it tastes good. :^)

2. Probably Option 1, because if we're factoring psychological aspects, the world would objectively be a kinder place.

3. Echoing Nechrom. I'm opposed to slavery on principle regardless of context and it wasn't until LT that I found it satisfactory as a game mechanic. And even then, it's more for its use as a surrogate Harem Builder than for the slavery itself. With an eye toward the (largely obfuscated) empire-building aspects of TLS, I find it a shame that most of these games end up shelving your lovers in a literal harem divorced from the rest of the world—consider how CoC anchors everyone in base camp in what amounts to an open-air brothel.

Whether it's an actual slavery system or just a framework for companions, I'd definitely base it off LT. The coolest part is you can mix and match your party however you want—slaves and free friends alike—and even organize group sex between you all! I'd expand the scope so that free recruits could be worked into the job system, since why can't your girlfriend be Lady Exchequer to the Crown? :cool:

Granted these games typically cast the player as a nomad and rarely let us settle down in anything resembling a proper house, but on the flip side to the point on CoC above, I find it weird how lore-wise we can be de facto spouses with major NPCs and yet still have to chase after them for every interaction. It's a level of life-sim most games aren't built for (or in the case of TLS, methodically scripted out), but as a sentimental family man seeing how well LT's managed it, it's the sort of thing I now expect as par for the course. :p

4. As per Thread 84. Besides a user-discretionary toggle, leave it to context. Given the genre, as long as it's not rapey/mindbreak it's generally to be expected; it's things like permanent TFs that need heavier foreshadowing, since I've yet to find a player that likes getting railroaded.

5. I was gonna say "As per Thread 100", but that was a shitpost, but then a bunch of stuff I posted there line up with today's questions...
    It's pretty much a crapshoot and while I watch the Barcroft vids out of obligation, overall we've had far more hits than misses. I know you used to fly-fish some of them, but I'm fairly confident these are now properly curated beforehand. ;)
    i've created a monster :eek:

[​IMG]

7. Try to finish off last week's prompt. :rolleyes:

8. Have Some More News. It's Stewart's no-bullshit crossed with Oliver's in-depth research where the joke is this is the real life.

(my boy did you luck out tonight)
    [​IMG]

STAY TUNED SPACE COWBOY...

Larry Land Lord and Nechrom like this.
  5. Larry Land Lord

i have ;)
    i feel like its easier for people to remember if i include the poll questions

i like this

i dont think i understand the ship girl lore *why are there cats?*

6. Nechrom

I wouldn't say that there's much lore per say, outside of the story. Character design is just varied since there are so many different artist making art for the game. There are a few loose design rules like the Kongo sisters are all "oni", Akagi, Kaga and Amagi are foxes, Shoukaku and Zuikaku are cranes etc. Sister ships usually follow a theme, but not always. Like all the Hatsuharu sisters are cats, except for Wakaba who is a squirrel. :D
    [​IMG]

The Kriegsmarine (German) ships have a sinister looking mechanical shark thing going on.
    These are the Deutchland-sisters, Graf Spee and Deutchland.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Larry Land Lord likes this.
  7. Larry Land Lord

heres an awesome bonus section to cover the week i skipped

8. Larry Land Lord

i watched them so long ago that i no longer remember what lightning even is.
    can verify, much more paranoid of randomly getting struck by lightning than i was before

nice guy troll/orc space cop. abnormally strong. will add more depth at a later thread
    ...would it be wrong to make a poll enabling you to be a space succubus?
    i was thinking (much like the fantasy polls) i would add succubi, demons, etc.

i like to drink water

every girl is now 50% more of a bimbo
    ...but at what cost?

my skin color officially dictates that im against slavery but i think its a good plot device/mechanic
    imagine playing a wandering hero, coming upon a succubus lords castle. you already know whats going on in there, mass boob expanding, manual labor, and overall money making. your presented with a choice
    free the slaves AND sex slaves -> fight the succubus -> enslave the succubus herself and take the castle. you get a neat castle and a succubus, but she stays in castle.
    -> show her the error of her ways and turn her into a love interest instead. it'll take awhile though. you ally with the succubus and she becomes a force for good.
    -------> free the slaves, beat the succubus and destroy the castle.
    -> enslave the succubus and take her on your adventures. she warms up to you in time. you get a sex slave and a companion.
    -> befriend the succubus, she doesn't really have anywhere else to go and joins you consensually. you get a companion.
    prevent the slaves escape -> sex the succubus -> you are now allies with the succubus, you get some neat rewards.

in cool in depth ways like above, has to have a payoff and it cant feel gross like real slavery. more like a dom relationship.

i'd just give a straight warning in big bold text and present 2 choices.
    to improve on my last answer
    rather than freeing any slaves you opt to be a sub for the demon herself, of course, shes a demon so she has many magic moves to use on you.
    and right before you submit, she asks what you'd prefer. then the choices go, "only pick this option if your okay with *SPECIFIED FETISH CONTENT*" and the second choice gives you an alternate scene so you dont miss out on subby succubus sex.

5. did i ask this twice?
    5.5. i feel like, despite having so many requests to include prompts, that they arent answered as much as i expected them to be. but its kinda staple/tradition at this point.
    6. thanks past me
    7. drink
    8. when the game comes out the idea thread will be polluted to hell.

"bonus points if its the god of thunder" "hyper sexualized goddess"
    if i was a writer i would have written about her amazingly thick thunder thighs

i like this lol, its wholesome. weirdly wholesome for a game about gunships
    i also saw "azur lane anime" in my youtube suggestions and it reminded me of you :)

i cant quote the video specifically, but thank you for the why not both.

sometimes i wonder, why is pizza unhealthy if its just these three things?

luck, or destiny?

prepare for the final part of 2019, we will celebrate with charlie brown christmas, halloween, thanksgiving, and any other specials we can find >:)

after this poll ends, what should i go with next?

i've never watched this show before and i think its way more... fancy, than before.
    i used to watch divorce court, judge judy and whatnot and this seems way more high budget.

i try to include a second video with the barcroft videos so you dont have to lol, those are usually just weird people i find interesting. if i want to send bimbos i'd send instagram links ;)
    for a bunch of fetish beasts on the internet it seems weird to me how you guys are so repulsed by these weird surgery videos.

just add options
    tits was an improvement on coc but there could be more depth. small things like "vag size" "anal size" "capacity" "color" "nails" etc, even if they arent customizable they are great to play with in save editor and support can always be added eventually. lip size was a game changer for me.

sad, impressive to see how much the chinese market impacts the world. scary to be honest

i like big butts and i cannot lie
    perhaps its more satisfying to see something getting bigger than for it to have always been big?

my totally hot image:
    leah_wit___deep_cleavage_2_by_prizm1616_dcypngn-250t.png gdaga.jpg
    i'd normally go with an animal, but theres a resident cat picture for this thread.
    went for a nice little walk
    drank the holy water
    responded to the thread
    now, my real life experience is boosted by 150%?

i spent a weird amount of time on this prompt and im happy about it

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019 at 2:01 AM
    Nechrom and Dolfuss like this.
  9. Larry Land Lord

...that videos final verdict was really sad
    and the man only had one thing to say: "thats tough"
    i honestly felt that in the very deepest reaches of my soul. you can see the sadness, and only 2 words can be said.

Dolfuss likes this.
  10. Larry Land Lord

forgot to say, no one man should have all that power.
    Screenshot_1.png

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019 at 1:30 AM
    Dolfuss likes this.
  11. Nechrom

I like the character creation, so more of that please. As for the genre of the character, maybe steampunk or something contemporary like a modern alternate dimension or alternative history.

Larry Land Lord and Dolfuss like this.
  12. Nechrom

I would let players have access to the full detail of the body system with limits only to keep starting characters somewhat normal. Probably the more detailed options would be hidden behind an "Advanced" button, to not overwhelm the players.

Couldn't have been handled worse.
    I understand that they don't want politics or other serious issues on their platform, but their overreaction was way too extreme. That and the "apology" revealed that their actual motivation was not as noble.

I'm sure there's some psychology behind finding the increase in desirable attributes more enticing than just having those attributes from the beginning.

Art of Giulio Cesare (specifically her gym skin) by akchu.
    [​IMG]
    Do I get bonus point for her drinking water as well? :p

I'll have to postpone the walk since it's pretty late.

13. Dolfuss

1. The answer is both extremely easy and surprisingly difficult: include as many options as possible. The trick is to do it in a way that doesn't completely overload the user: I hate it when games specify exact measurements like weight (doubly so when you can't toggle the units on-the-fly) because, as per Thread 99, I literally cannot parse them without a visual reference. Tainted Elysium was unique in that it had a little character graphic that updated in real time, and it was so pedantic that you could fine-tune fat distribution such that you could be 300 pounds and it would all disperse proportionate to the underlying body shape... but you could easily spend half-an-hour trying to get the balance perfect.

One thing I would definitely add, and that we touched on before, is being able to outline personality at the start that tweaks how scenes and dialogue are presented. LT has started experimenting with minor flavouring, having converted the purely descriptive personality traits into causal modifiers, though at present only a couple have tangible effects.

2. #boycottblizzard
    I'm not surprised. China is a massive market for mobile games, and the Triple A's have been recalibrating in that direction over the past decade, possibly as a cushion against mounting disillusionment in the western market. Daily reminder there is no ethical consumption under capitalism. :^)

More worrying is how most of Big Tech is willingly kowtowing for similar reasons in the most brazen demonstration of profit over people we've seen since ICE let private prisons essentially murder children for the sake of a quick buck at public expense. Consider: Apple pulled a police tracking app because it was so lucrative to the Hong Kong protesters.

And what none of these idiots seem to realize is, regardless how Hong Kong resolves, it's virtually guaranteed to push the entire country into an open and violent system shock. Even more than the USA, the CCP has been bankrolling its breakneck economic policy through foreign investment (read: credit) and if/when that runs out, the ensuing recession will finally knock out the last feeble supports to the government's already-dubious credibility. And because Xi Jinping literally thinks he can be the next Mao, what Beijing used to achieve through good-faith diplomacy it's now banking on winning with open threats, essentially playing a giant game of chicken with the national economy—and as long as these companies continue to blink, Beijing will delude itself into thinking reform isn't necessary. The companies that insist on propping up a corrupt regime in its death throes for the sake of their immediate profit margins will be forever remembered as standing on the wrong side of history.

"Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral."
    —Paulo Freire

3. In the boring analytical sense? It intersects with several others without being beholden to any one: enhancing a desirable aesthetic; weight gain without the gluttony; pregnancy without the responsibility. :rolleyes: Essentially it'll adapt to whatever you need it to be; as I've mentioned before, puberty may itself have been my first bona fide sexual fetish. :^)

These courtroom drama reality TV shows tend to get under my skin, but I'll admit, I was pleasantly surprised by this. It's not played for show like Maury, Lake doesn't talk down to them like Judge Judy, and reading up on the production they actually follow through on the case after the fact—which makes sense, given her field is family law.

I went looking for a graph of global temperature trends and spent the next half-hour vote-bombing comments on an Australian junk-science blog. You win this round...
    [​IMG]

I was out for hours and got blisters on my heels. :(

HAHA U CAN'T MAKE M—
    wait

...I'll toss it on the pile. :rolleyes:

Well that all depends on how OP the class is (also it is a bit late in the game).

BRAAAAIIIIINNS, presumably.

You had me at multiple resolutions to companion path. :3

I thought you'd do, like, one a month at most. I seriously cannot write this fast. :p

No joke, once you'd wrapped this session I was gonna shoot your my spec for a dedicated CYOA thread once Bob comes back.

[Mr. Krabs nervous laugh turns to sob gif]

Hey man, professional illustrators draw women with 90-degree spines and I sure as hell don't wanna see that in real life.

rOlL fOr AnAl CiRcUmFeReNcE
    please please PLEASE tell me you don't need a link

14. Larry Land Lord

my brain cannot comprehend what your telling me here

i do
    I'll reply more later

15. Nechrom

Immediately makes me think of the F.A.T.A.L. character creator.
    Dated but still hilarious.

Dolfuss likes this.
  16. Dolfuss

You know those choose-your-own-adventure books (or MSPA comics)? I've been on a few forums where people run a thread in that style. I started thinking last month about trying my hand at one here once you'd finished the Sci-Fi RPG Polls.

Yes. That's the one.
    DANGER: Not Safe For Life

17. Larry Land Lord

much like these threads you'll suffer from the lack of people in combination with the lack of people who actually post rather than lurk
    I'd recommend waiting until later, for more activity and whatever. that was the verdict on the cyoa polls.​