1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Thread 115: Evil Always Triumphs in the Middle

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by daedaddy, Feb 20, 2020.

?

EVIL Fantasy Character Creation Part 9: strength woo wow woosh scary

1. none

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. other

33.3%
  3. your extremely powerful, very high level strength be it magic or physical. one man army

33.3%
  4. you have complete control over all skeletons and zombies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. fetish based power, choose your own

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. your a tactical genius, a strategist like you can easily conqueror the land

33.3%
  7. your pure sexual energy arouses everyone around you

33.3%
  8. your ice cold and can resist all forms of lust based attacks and advances

33.3%
  9. you have a silver tongue, you dont even need to use force most of the time.

33.3%
  10. the ability to vote on the polls but not answer questions

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. daedaddy

daedaddy Well-Known Member Member

this is the final character creation thread, if you need to please pretty please with a cherry on top go back and read your poll answers and prompts to compile your final character
    https://forums.carnalsouls.com/threads/question-thread-107-drink-water-december.381/ is where this one began

0. WHAT IS THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD?
    my favorite wins, do all questions and come back to this.

MAIN QUEST:
    describe your character completely, write a short story if you'd like. the rest of this thread is shorter than usual for prompts.

1. how fast should the main story progress over updates of carnal souls? any other thoughts about updates in general? (ex: tits has been out like 40 years and the main quest is apparently still only halfway done.)

2. respond to TWO responses from the person above you OR post TWO nsfw images. save the cute dog pics for next week.
    if your first and have no NSFW picture, you cannot do either of these. instead, do 1 push up.

3. what is a red flag in a relationship? an example not a definition xd

4. what is your favorite song from the last 5 years?

5. how is your 2020 so far? BE POSITIVE we are WHOLESOME ONLY

BONUS:
    drink water
    encourage someone else to drink water
    be proud of yourself
    on completion, gain 40,000 EXP and Larrys Blessing

BONUS (but only for dolfuss)
    send me your question requests coward

SIDE QUEST:
    WRITING PROMPT (LIGHT WORK DIRECTLY FROM WRITERS GUILD):
    write an at least 1 paragraph(5 sentences) story that includes both goblins and gnomes. anything goes.

BONUS since no ones responding at this time:
    what polls next?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Nechrom and Benji like this.
  2. daedaddy

also it is or was banjos birthday (i dont know how time works) include happy birthday in response for extra credit

3. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

0. "Evil Always Triumphs in the Middle"

Half-dragon philosopher-tyrant. Little is know of his origins beyond a general disparagement of his human lineage (no-one knows his true name as he only ever uses titles and nicknames—currently "The Mayor" or "The Lord", and "Goldie" by the irreverent when not in earshot of his minions). Despite posturing as self-made, he seems to have come from a fairly comfortable family: those that knew him as a youth are surprised how much he's built up his body since, while his well-rounded education speaks to noble privilege. Through a combination of merit, charm, and speculative shady dealings no-one's been able to prove, he has risen to mayorship of a major city, commanding a grandmaster swordsgoat as Captain of the Guard, and currently holding the allegiance of the Assassins' Guild's notorious leader. He has since consolidated control of the outlying regions through appropriate application of carrots and sticks; while not necessarily liked by his subjects, he is respected by friends and foes alike as a competent administrator and formidable strategist, and seen as a bastion against rival warlords and expansionist kingdoms, not to mention several calamities plaguing the world, from undead hordes to sex-slaves of the Succubus Queen and the random seeding of magic across nature.

Were they aware of his true motives, they wouldn't be so quick to tout him as a hero. Beneath his air of casual disdain is a deep self-loathing: he blames everything "wrong" in his life, from below-average height to his "tarnished" copper-brass scales to the "corruption" of his human half, and has devoted his life to becoming his "true", pureblood draconic self—even cutting off his own nipples during a particularly spirited bout of "self-actualization". With his gruelling physical regimen reaching peak performance and philosophical meditations congealed into a selfish Will to Power, he's now turning his attention to the outside world in pursuit of perfection—he fundamentally believes he is destined for godhood and that everyone else is subjects-in-waiting, especially women who, even if demonstrating parity in intellect and martial skill, are ultimately only incubators and should feel blessed to receive his seed. A ruthless pragmatism means he's as likely to ally with the ruinous powers as oppose them, so long as they prove 'useful idiots' to his agenda. What few know is his flirtation with dark magic, both through personal training and cavorting with sinister forces, specifically a mage corps of succubi and shapeshifting demon hound that serve as literal secret police, enthralling and/or eliminating threats and carrying out the sort of errands best kept out of public view.

In addition to carefully-honed physical fortitude and magical prowess, he has suppressed his id into virtual irrelevance, his sexuality turned into yet another tool of his calculating will (to the alternating frustration and fascination of his succubi agents). However, his greatest strength is also his biggest weakness: his overinflated ego is prone to pick pedantic fights, even to the detriment of the greater mission; smug superiority has ossified his rationality into a self-sure determinism, and while he is still careful not to underestimate opponents off-hand, he is prone to rejecting methods and motivations that don't align with his worldview. A god is infallible, after all...

1. D'you mean in terms of pacing, or development of the game? The former depends on how much of the story has been written out at the start, and even then it's liable to change as time goes on and the nuts and bolts are revisited. Unless there's a clear outline to versioning, it's pretty hard to lay down a plan for the latter; LT originally had set milestones, but as bugfixing subsumed everything else any semblance of a methodical progression evaporated.

What one can do to buy time is divert attention with side quests, although this is a double-edged sword: effort spent on them is effort not spent on the main story, but if they're obviously stalling fetch-quests the audience just gets pissed. Like you say, TiTS has fallen so far off the track that the main quest is all but forgotten. What LT's done fairly well is to soft-cap difficulty in the main quest so that you go out into the wild to level up, which if you don't just opt to grind encourages you to pick up the side quests (some fairly involved in their own right) which can provide equipment/perks to help you tackle the main line. You're still essentially being detoured, but there's enough to keep you invested—not to mention there's so much to do in the sandbox that even when you've maxed out progression you have enough tools to make your own fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...I feel called out. :^)

3. "Keeping score." Besides the fact studies suggest men and women weigh actions differently, treating a relationship as a zero-sum transaction and playing games of tit-for-tat both misses the point and encourages a permanent state of competition.

4. There are spoken words, so this technically counts as a song.

5. ...
    i'M gReAt, NeVeR bEeN bEtTeR...!

Sweet, time to level up!

yOu'Re So MeEeEeAn!1!

There once lived some goblins and gnomes. They couldn't make rent on their homes. Along came a witch. She said: "Eat the Rich!" Now their landlords serve as their loams.

Happy Birthday @Benji! I was gonna make a Malal joke in the Update, then I realized I was confusing him with the Horned Rat. :p

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    daedaddy likes this.
  4. daedaddy

BONUS since no ones responding at this time:
    what polls next?

5. Dolfuss

Preliminary worldbuilding for my CYOA thread?
    Actually I should probably handle that myself... once I've FINISHED THE PROMPT

daedaddy likes this.
  6. daedaddy

the day your cyoa thread comes is the day question threads become biweekly
    not because of the existence, but a consistent stream of other threads will make me be like
    "lol dolfuss posted today i'll do it later" and later will become days later. a weight will be lifted off my shoulders

7. Dolfuss

Nah, at most it'll be two threads: one for the prep and one for the actual story.

And given my own transient muse, don't count on a predictable schedule. :p

daedaddy likes this.
  8. Dolfuss

*notices title change*

LARRY!
    THIS IS THE LAST OF MY JOJOKES!
    TAKE IT FROM ME!

daedaddy likes this.
  9. WildRosey

WildRosey Active Member Member

Welp. I'm a bit late for this.

"Llamas speak too much llama"

YEET

Alright, I got this(I'm not proud of the prose, and I made some changes to the character, but here's a brief bio/short story) Here's a link!:
    Link

Hm... Frankly, I guess that depends on the size of the story? I think CoC2 has done a great job balancing story progression and side content. I do really enjoy story content, but I think for a game focused on corruption, side content might be just as important or even more important in showcasing. That sounds dumb, but what I mean is that, unless a person is going to go through a corruption game with a pure character, side content is important in showcasing the effects of character corruption.

With Carnal Souls, if the story is fucking massive, it should definitely be prioritized over side content. If the main story is rather light-paced and is just as long as other side arcs in the game, I would focus on putting more side content in.

At the same time, if the main story is rather short, why not get that out of the way?

I'm going to respond to one answer and then post an nsfw image lol

Huh. I suppose I haven't dealt with this, but that's rather interesting. It feels like some superiority problem to me.

[​IMG]

Smartassery. I think everyone's a smartass in some manner, but it definitely sucks when a partner's state of smartassery is far above the norm and impacts their trust. i feel like this is less about smartassery, and moreso just about trusting in someone over experience. Essentially, I feel like a frequent problem for some people is a state of jadedness. A person feels unable to believe or trust because of past experiences. I dunno. Shit's annoying.

Nothing Lasts by Bedroom!

It's been alright. Honestly, I hate COVID-19, but I enjoy the social isolation. I think I've just realized who I am more and more. I'm always changing, but I feel more familiar with some of my functions. I just want to be successful. I want to play video games. Honestly, not to brag, but I feel like I've experienced plenty of relationships, and I think I'm somewhat tired of them.

Just took a sip >:)
    I told my friend to drink water!!
    Oke, I will try.
    Wow, so much <3 <3

whoops, i'm not dolfuss :(

Gonna have to raincheck on this one ;O

wholesome stuff maybe, or just post two different NSFW images and then have people choose which one they like better!!

@daedaddy come back king!!!! we need you :(

daedaddy and Dolfuss like this.
  10. Dolfuss

fucking dragons amirite :^)

"MEN OF TANNITH! DO YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER?!"
    "Yes, actually..?"
    The remaining 1h48m are a romantic comedy.

Plus it might get him to start Skyrimming again. <3

daedaddy likes this.
  11. daedaddy

im sorry but dolfuss gets to name the thread based on the fact hes the only one who responded :) :(
    i feel both of those emojis at the same time

now i have to

WildRosey likes this.
  12. Dolfuss

[​IMG]

WildRosey and daedaddy like this.
  13. daedaddy

very epic btw, excellent