1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Thread 119: Fatal Attraction

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by daedaddy, Aug 19, 2020.

?

modern character creation part 2: suddenly, magic and magical creatures have been forced to exist.

1. you remained a human

12.5%
  2. you transformed into an elf, dark elf or other assorted flavor of elf.

12.5%
  3. you transformed into an orc

25.0%
  4. you transformed into a goblin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. you transformed into a giant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. you transformed into a lizard person, dragon person, or other assorted flavor of scales.

37.5%
  7. you transformed into a demon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. you transformed into an angel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. you transformed into a human animal hybrid, or other assorted animal of neko/furry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. you transformed into a slime person

12.5%
  1. daedaddy

daedaddy Well-Known Member Member

P.S racial stereotypes apply to this poll, goblins are thick breeders, orcs are strong, elves smart, cows are milky, etc.

educational video(s), pick the one that most appeals.

0. thoughts on whichever video you watched?

1. is everyone still MIA?

2. what is your favorite song at this current time and why? when you listen to music, do you just listen, or do you appreciate certain lyrics and instrumentals individually?

3. would you rather carnal souls be a continuous evolving story(like trials), or multiple stories placed at higher and higher levels? which do you prefer for games like this?

4. how do you go about making friends? do you think you can be lonely while having friends, even if said friends are important to you and you are close with them?
    question for if you have no friends:
    4.5. hows your 2020?

5. what is your ideal video game?
    6. thoughts on COVID?

7. you find the significant other of your dreams, they love you back and you love them, will you stay with them knowing they will somehow shorten both of your lifespans by 10 years?

REGULAR QUESTION BONUS:
    what are your thoughts on cyberpunk 2077?

MAIN QUEST:
    the next part of the main quest will be implemented in the next patch

RANDOMLY GENERATED INFINITE QUESTS WRITERS GUILD PROMPT:
    i know no one does these but might as well, its been awhile.
    your searching for inspiration in a deep dark underground cave, when suddenly you fall through the ground. you land in a room filled with golden doubloons, in the center is a magic genies lamp. you of course do the only thing you can do, and rub the lamp.
    "HELLO TRAVELLER IT IS I THE WISH GRANTING GENIE, IF YOU CAN WRITE A SEXY SHORT STORY ABOUT A GENIE GRANTING 3 WISHES, YOU WILL BE REWARDED WITH 3 OF YOUR OWN, NON TWISTED WISHES."
    you know what you have to do.

BONUS QUEST:
    drink water, its been so long that no one has larrys favor and this is one of the only ways to regain it.
    watermelon dog.png
    have a nice time or you will wake up with 95 billion million babies that rapidly multiply like mitosis or something idk just answer the questions

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    Mirran likes this.
  2. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

0. To shake you out of your comfort zone, I'm gonna answer these in reverse order:

c) Poor Jim, even when he genuinely enjoys a game you can see him predicting the inevitable capitalist subduction. Also:
    "There's a dark side to the fall guy's being so recognizable, iconic and adorable: they may become the new Minions"

b) Never thought I'd live to see the day when the video is a no-frills, positive affirmat—
    "And consequently, perhaps our goal should be reducing unnecessary worry, rather than removing it entirely..."​
    PoW no...

(P.S. It's pronounced kikero :^) )

a) Two words: The Sweatbox

1. I mean, you're posting, so quantitatively no...

2. Depends on the song. There are some where I like the tune but desperately wish I could tune out the lyrics; then you have me meticulously breaking down the words to re-adapt as eerily-fitting soundtracks to my own projects. And then there are ones where the sound itself just sings.

As to favourite in the moment, well...

3. As I've said before, I'm not picky about structure, I'll take whatever works. That being said, I've noticed that Fenworks does a rather bad job at keeping the main thread taut: Lethice (CoC) and the Inheritance (TiTS) are what pull you through everything else, but when the stages themselves begin to feel like "Your princess is in another castle" it's hard to take them as urgent imperatives. I think part of the problem is that the main quests boil down to the Instigating Incident and the Endgame with milestone fluff scattered in between, with most of the worldbuilding done through the side quests; compare with Lilith's Throne*, where Stage 1 of the Main Story ends with a complete up-ending of how you thought this would pan out. TLS is a bit trickier to qualify as the game keeps you on a narrow track and very few 'side quests' are actually optional, but it's paced such that every step feels like a meaningful advance toward the next goal.

* Given the last time I was able to access the blog the Fields still weren't finished, it's too early to tell whether the game is angling for a generic "beat-the-regional-boss" or is being written as an evolving story à la TLS.

4. Absolutely. Hell, even when in constant company you can, ironically, feel socially isolated. The people I know orbit in several different circles and I'm the overlap in the Venn diagram; there are a few that keep regular contact, but given the current situation I'm definitely feeling the absence of the others.

5. Literally impossible to create, because it would require a level of dynamic scalability that would take a supercomputer to process, let alone render, all the while remaining UI-intuitive. Basically, imagine ArmA overlayed with Total War overlayed with Westwood-style RTS overlayed with Civilization... while remaining straightforward enough that a 12-year-old could keep pace with a Twitch streamer.

6. TRUMP'S FAULT

Back in March I was all but convinced COVID-19 would be the final straw for Xi Jinping's cronyist rule... nearly half a year later and Beijing has managed to salvage its reputation while the First World countries with all the money and all the technology are still foundering in a botched response.

7. I mean, who even knows whether those 10 years would be worth keeping? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now that Bannerlord is real I guess they're feeling the heat, huh? :^)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mirran and daedaddy like this.
  3. Mirran

Mirran Member Member

In my case, i am just spying on you all. :D

(to be continued after i take some sleep. It is late. *yawning*)

daedaddy likes this.
  4. WildRosey

WildRosey Active Member Member

you know, i've realized, i hate it, but i'm fond of all of those stereotypes... Though I do like the idea of subverted elves.

stoicism is a beautiful thing, tho i like to consider it one of the few philosopher's self-helps along with existentialism.

I wish I was a MILF in Action :(

jk hahahahahah

unless...

jk
    anyway, i am not missing in action, I am merely struggling to bring myself to do life things in general

Hm. "I'm Sorry Boris" by Wilbur and "I Love U Bunny, Hope Ur Ok" by Smoon are my two most listened to at the moment. I tend to listen to a lot of mellow and sentimental music, so I'd say I definitely value the lyrics. At the same time, acoustic sound ends up very important to me.

I suppose like trials. Though I think the latter is also a good way to storytell, I just think carnal souls would work well on a linear path. Although, it would be interesting to see a more player-based story path for a game like carnal souls. In a sense, player choice and preference of quests would lead the way of a story's movement. I don't think I'm making much sense here, but I just want to post this to the thread...

i guess it depends on where you live and how you're trying to go about making those friends. I think, one way to go about it, is... Of course, you want to have the ideal friends, maybe, but try and embrace every encounter with people you make? make the best of the people you have as options to be with?

i have a decent amount of friends, yet i always surprise myself at how lonely i feel, and i consider a good four of them to be close.

something that can suck me in for the rest of my life so that i never have to function in the real world

Honestly, I don't really care about the societal changes its caused(at least for myself). I do care about the casualties, and I'm fucking furious at the broken administration and system that failed to control it(le america)

absolutely 100% no question would do fuck yes please

looks very fun, i wish i could be a hot cyberpunk chick

poggers

In the beginning, there was Wild

On the second day, there was Rosey, and only Rosey.

On the third day, there was darkness, but not a strong enough darkness to consume Rosey.

On the fourth day, there was genie(he was very mean genie)

On the fifth day, there was ground and Rosey could walk to the genie.

On the sixth day, Rosey said, "henlo genie how are you?"
    Genie said, "i'm alright, you?"
    Rosey simpers, looking down and kicking at dirt. "I'm ok."
    "Better than poor," genie says.
    "this is true, Mr. Genie." Rosey smiles.

On the seventh day, Genie asks Rosey what she wants.
    Rosey wishes for utopia, a couple cute girlfriends, and the power of god.
    Genie frowns, "Rosey, I can't do the utopia thing, sorry. You gotta ask for something else."
    Rosey seems confused, "wait, you can do the god thing, but not utopia?"
    "Yes, utopia is subjective and you'd have to be specific about the ideology of the utopia you seek. Haven't read enough theory though, to be honest." Genie frowns.
    "Hmph. Okay, can i just have a galaxy to myself instead of the utopia thing?" Rosey asks.
    "Uh, yes. That's fine." Genie nods.

Thus, Rosey realized that by becoming the god she so sought to become, she had removed any effort from her life. There was no difficulty and no fight in her life. She blessed her girlfriends with godly power and made changes to the galaxy Genie gave her. Once it was complete, and a fantastical world existed on one of the planets, Rosey disappeared from the haven of the godly girlfriends and lived amongst the people of the fantasy world, functioning as somewhat of a trickster god in her boredom. Rosey would rarely be seen as the god she was, but instead be seen as a mysterious being amongst the mortals of the fantastical planet.

THE END

i suppose if i am to sustain life, i must hydrate, thank you wise king

he is a very cool buddy i hope he is doing well

This is a great case to be happy, I simply do not want 95 million million babies rapidly multiplying :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Dolfuss likes this.
  5. Mirran

Mirran Member Member

Right now i am listening to Addict song, from Silva Hound, as i play it time to time. If i have to be honest here, I don't have a solid reason why i listen to it. It is very catchy and it reveals a little bit of Angel Dust's background story. Although I don't consider myself a huge fan of Hazbin Hotel, I am just curious how it will come as a whole series.

When i casually listen to english songs, I usually just listen to it for instruments, rhythm, melody, and so on. Later on, I begin to think about the lyrics and their meaning. However, sometimes i mishear it as it is muffled.

For both lyrics and music i like:
    Feel Invincible - Skillet (When i want to feel invoncible! In addition, like most of their songs.)
    iRobot - Jon Bellion (I was listening to this song mainly before and during maturita exams when i was really depressed. It did't improve my mood, but it was somewhat satisfying.)
    Let me down slowly - Alec Benjamin (Once i found a fan video trailer from one episode with soviet soldiers fighting off demonic monsters from Love, Death and Robots where someone put it together with this song. It had really good atmosphere.)
    Ready to go - Hurts (with this song i mainly like the music and melody)
    Riders on the storm - The Doors (really good for chill)
    Songs from TheFatRat are also great.

...these songs are what i have listened recently, i guess.
    Like i said sometime before, my taste for songs changes like weather.
    Continuous evolving story gives a better space for deeper character development. Not to mention that you can better get along with the characters, so i prefer this type as the most likeable. I also think that games today takes from the each side.

This is the end of part 2. Register here to be first when another part comes out!
    In the next release you will see...
    - Reactions to the enducation videos!
    - Can Mirran feel lonely while having a close company?
    - The best type of game. You will be surprised! Or not...
    - And so much more!...

6. daedaddy

felt that
    and that
    and this
    good story, 10/10
    15/10 for being the only writing prompt answer in months
    no problem

overall positive tbh
    good answers king dolfuss

my prediction is yes
    thank you

7. Dolfuss

2019: "Ugh, this is the worst year ever!"
    2020:

Nah, I getcha. TLS leans that way in that many actions (or lack thereof) have ripple effects deep into the game, though I don't know one off the top of my head that would branch so dramatically it would literally create separate stories. The closest example I have is one of the Goosebumps CYOAs where an innocuous early fork switches which of two characters is the villain.

*Monkey's Paw curls one digit*

the meme has ascended XD

daedaddy likes this.
  8. Mirran

Mirran Member Member

I don't know. Recently, i have been thinking about my current situation of making some new friends as i am commuting to Prague. You know, i am not that type of guy that would try to befriend with everyone upon the first meeting. Not at least in depth. So, since i went to the college, i have been feeling kinda alone. Don't get me wrong, everybody in my class is very nice and friendly enough to greet or smile every time they meet me. I guess it was the same situation when I has been going to the high school 5 years ago. Maybe i shouldn't be thinking about it too much. Eventually, i am a little bit slow at socializing.

I have just a very few friends which are close to me. Some of them are even my relatives as we are chatting om discord every day. Mostly like to play with them a lot of games. Usually military, survival or racing games.

As you might know, i like to draw (To be honest, i do that very rarely these days, sadly.) and wander around art sites like deviantart, furaffinity, artstation, Twitter. Also i like anthro characters, fantasy, steampunk... so generaly, my main interests are different than before and my friends just can't relate much to them. In my current position i spend my time with my mates, but i am stuck with any progression of my digital drawing/painting skills. Not to mention, i have much less time to spend on hobbies during the week.
    It is complicated and it might not answer your question...
    Otherwise i am fine, if you want to know. :D

That isn't Battle Royalle.
    Has a THICC atmosphere.
    Rich storyline and properly made quests
    (Possible CO-OP)

I really don't want to learn online again, because this time it would be problematic for my profession as i need practical lessons.
    If it was just english or just theoretical subjects, i wouldn't mind. At least, i would get much more sleep.

I suppose, this would be a great deal.

I looks great! I definitely like the smart guns.

A glass of water with a cup of green tea will do...;)

Dolfuss and daedaddy like this.
  9. daedaddy

I'm one of them ;)

Mirran likes this.
  10. Mirran

Mirran Member Member

[​IMG]

daedaddy likes this.
  11. Dolfuss

daedaddy likes this.