1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Thread 93: Goblins and Gargoyles: Idea Edition

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Larry Land Lord, Jun 25, 2019.

?

CYOA 17: the fleet was ambushed and beaten on your way, you look outside after the battle and see:

1. the talking horse and his entire horse-mafia, but he's the only non-anthropomorphic full horse.

50.0%
  2. your trusty gargoyle companion whos been looking for you for weeks

50.0%
  3. a single puppy

50.0%
  4. your other trusty companion, an extraordinarily horny goblin who banged them into submission

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. no one, they just left

50.0%
  6. a horde of demons, here to save the alchemist since you aren't very good at it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Larry Land Lord

Larry Land Lord Well-Known Member Member

yes let us get into the questions
    for the thread you have 2 votes, the world is yours.
    beducational bideo:

1. if you had to write a high-tech sci-fi story, what would the opening be?
    alternate #1: if you had to write your ideal companion for carnal souls, how would you go about introducing them?

2. what do you think is the best way to implement difficulty into video games?

3. should sex-able NPCs have body/sex preferences? why and why not?

4. how do you feel about 4 genital centaurs?
    BONUS: "bimbo centaurs" -larry

5. banjo himself needs your help, this time there are no plot pirates, russians, fetish bandits, or water bottle armada. the only way to help banjo is to give him yet another idea for a unique race. but this time, the race must have extremely prominent sexual characteristics and traits, what do you pitch?

6. the arsenal has expanded, rather than the usual one fetish, what are FIVE fetishes you would like to see in CS?

7. how do i impressively implement asking you guys to send nsfw content into a question?

8. what is a happy thing that has happened to you recently?
    -take a second to appreciate the small things if you haven't

BONUS: have a nice day to receive Larrys Blessing
    BONUS: like the thread to support larrys like addiction
    BONUS: reply to the thread for Larrys Blessing x2, it buffs all of your stats significantly for such a small in-game event.
    BONUS: answer the poll question or i will cry, the last one only got 2 votes

LATE BONUS:
    skyrim pictures, gifs included :D
    https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/9222-super-skyrim-se-screenshot-selections-11-strawberry/

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    WildRosey and Benji like this.
  2. WildRosey

WildRosey New Member Member

Think I would just start it with the destruction of the entire universe, an explanation for the remnants that remain, and an intro to the survivors.

Hard to say, you could just do stronger AI for enemies, or raise the enemy cap?

I do like body/sex preference, and I think it could be good in a game with plenty of characters. One issue of course, is accessibility in that case. While I would love to see characters have body preferences outside of dick length and capacity, I think it's difficult for writers to approach that and for all players to want to deal with that. Really, I think the best way to portray body/sex preference is to not necessarily lock people out, but just have characters set to portray their preference in people. Of course, gender and sex can get people locked out of a character, but if it's a body preference, perhaps the player can show some displeasure or not be as into the character.

Hm... Interesting, would make for good multi-partner scenes, but I think I prefer normal centaurs in the case of one-on-one scenes.

I do like bimbo centaurs though :)

Multi-wombed skeletal-like dragon people that were tragically created to just be used as incubators.

Ah jeez, well, I mentioned rimming in the previous thread, so I won't count that, but god, I hope there's rimming content(I will write that stuff if not). The other five... I have lots to choose from? Could we just have a question that just asks us to list our fetishes? I guess stuff that I would like to make sure would be in the game would be getting egged, prostitution, anal training, double penetration(in one hole), and shortstacks(idk, there needs to be more of them)

Give me an example for "sfw way to describe this fetish(no clue how it could be sfw, but find a way)

That's really hard to think about, honestly. I guess, I'll be seeing someone very important to me next week? Dunno if that counts as something that has happened, more like something that will.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Hope you're having a nice day.

Shall do.

[/QUOTE]

Wow thank you. :)

Dolfuss and Larry Land Lord like this.
  3. Larry Land Lord

hidden bonus: i added some skyrim pictures to the thread op n edited it a lil bit:)

theres a like button on the bottom of the thread, thats usually what im talking about
    BUT, i do appreciate the fact you thoughtfully like the threads >:) i overall appreciate your consistent replies and question answering!! u are a very welcome member in these parts +rep

thank you thank you

while going about your day, remember that you have larrys blessing x2, it makes you more powerful

it counts, its nice to be positive about the future

my poor visualization skills aren't letting me imagine this potentially beautiful idea of dragon incubators

i haven't seen any, but i have high hopes that someday i will

hahaha masterful
    there is a 80% chance there will be a fetish demonstration question next thread
    (the other 20% is the timeline where i forget)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Dolfuss likes this.
  4. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

oh god oh fuck

1. There's two parts to this. Star Trek-esque interstellar futurism is probably as much of a cliché now as Tolkienesque high fantasy. On the flip side, Mad Max/Fallout post-apocalyptica is a tad too bleak for my taste. An angle I took in a joint RP project is a sort-of in-between, where on the one hand we're centuries into the future with things like carbon-fibre armour and arcologies, but the planet is deeply scarred by global warming and intermittent nuclear wars—not a total system collapse, but the future definitely ain't what it used to be. The result is something akin to Firefly, where cutting-edge hovertanks coexist with seventh-hand refits of "classic" cars puttering down broken Chinese backroads. New enough to be imaginative, yet grounded enough to be familiar.

Entry into the world, then, would look contemporary at first, and then roll out into the new paradigm. Innocuous stuff like all the trains are maglevs, Soviet-style apartment blocks foregrounding a massive geodesic dome up in the foothills, the village butcher complaining he's had to sub in cheap meat replica again, and so on. You get accustomed to the setting in an organic way, piecing it together as you go, rather than get bombarded by it all straight off the spaceport dock.

2. Depends on the game, but the two basic pillars are: base multiplier and ramp-up. The first is your quintessential options at start, the baseline metric for how stats and AI are calculated in general, things like backdoor tweaks to damage and armour, resource gain/handicap, quantity and/or quality of computer opponents, etc. The good games use this to actually scale AI competence; the bad ones compensate for deficient AI by just piling on cheats. Lilith's Throne is actually the first eRPG I can think of that uses a classic difficulty scale (which can be adjusted mid-game to make Dominion encounters worthwhile at higher levels).

The second is more about the overall quality of the challenges you encounter during the course of the game. If we presume single-player campaigns are the "training ground" to PvP matches, these start with simple, usually nigh-impossible-to-fail missions/encounters, and gradually increase in complexity to toughen the player up. There are exceptions to this, of course: Dark Souls literally typified the "git gud" meme, but I recall the original MechCommander being a total crapshoot as early as Mission 3.

3. To echo WildRosey, they should, but not necessarily to the point of gating content. In a setting like CoC where you can safely assume 90% of everyone you meet is bisexual, running into someone that does discriminate enough to reject you is like hitting a brick wall. Also doesn't help that matching those particular NPCs' preferences usually involved potentially copious consumption of transformables, which given it was CoC, would likely involve an hour of save-scumming to keep the effects to what you needed. (Also the sharkguy was a bodyshaming ass.)

On the flip side, LT both narrows preference down to individual fetishes and lets you reorient every non-plot-critical character you meet, but the sex system currently lacks a framework to personalize encounters outside of flavour text in how partners address you. So aside from the lead-up text, every sex scene is effectively identical regardless of the character's attitude or history, with the preferences mechanical rather than narrative in function.

In a game like CS where it's written out by hand, it's theoretically easy to check variables and proceed to variants that play compatibility up. The tedious part is actually writing out multiple flavours of the same scene. ;)

4. When you want to pitch, but also catch. :^) But are there two wombs?

Iiiiiiiis this your card..?
    PS: Vintage Benji!
    PPS: tfw Stereo can't into credits :oops:

5. Don't know if it's quite appropriate because it's something I've brainstormed for sci-fi, but the gist of the fluff is you have a race that's either gone into exodus or so depopulated in its home that it's on the verge of extinction, so through the power of SCIENCE/magic/magitek they've tweaked their genetics to be hyper-fertile and cross-compatible. So you've got strong pheromones to get you in the mood, litter-bearing wombs, enticing physiology, and a motherly disposition—but also cock and balls since, as Atomicbob would say, better to be prepared for any opportunity. Society thus balances on the paradox of having the brains of a Ph.D and the body of a broodmother: very skilled at establishing a self-sustainable colony from a limited population, not so skilled at keeping the sexual tension of large towns in check.

I guess it's sorta like if Chakats weren't such bloody Mary-Sues. :p

For some reason I'm reminded of the Zerg. :eek:

6. TF, futa, furry, pregnancy, foreplay/cuddling/gentle sex.

7. Well, you make the subject highbrow enough for a thought-out reply, while specific enough that people know you want pictures. ;)

8. I watched this. :3

I'm not sure I'm comfortable being an enabler.

IT'S SO PINK
    Face feels a bit same-y but I like the bodyshape. :3

Larry Land Lord likes this.
  5. Larry Land Lord

such quality questions had quality, long answers
    and thus i will only respond to this one thing until later since there is a TON of text in ya reply

my inferiority complex triggers without likes, it is the fuel to the question fire, the water to the bottle, the motivation to the competitor, the appreciation of a street level super-hero, the batman to my robin, the larry to the bimbo, the bimbo to the larry, the atomic to the bob, the ban to the jo, dol to the fuss, etc, etc, etc
    you understand

sse heads are still really ugly overall unfortunately
    though this face has far different sliders and sculpts, it is what it is :'(

Dolfuss likes this.
  6. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

still better than The Sims 3 amirite

Larry Land Lord likes this.