1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Thread 94: Revengeance

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by daedaddy, Jul 16, 2019.

1. daedaddy

daedaddy Well-Known Member Member

after the like-based failure of question thread 93, larry momentarily retired.
    educational video:

1. based on the increasingly lower poll answers, should i scrap the cyoa? i'd replace it with something else

2. how do you feel about preg content?

3. what do you hope happens in the near future?

4. what do you think of tf games in their current state?

BONUS:
    https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/ent...se-screenshot-selections-12-strawberry-shore/

WildRosey and Nechrom like this.
  2. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

It's up to you.
    For me personally I just get less and less invested in the story the longer it goes (due to the increasing number of times my choice didn't win).

As I've mentioned before when pregnancy has come up in previous QTs, it's borderline content for me.
    While it isn't gross or anything I get upset about, like some other fetish content, it's absolutely a huge turn-off that I steer clear of for that reason alone.

On a grand scale I hope we can veer off from our path to earths ruin in time.
    I'm also hoping that we can figure out how to cure senescence in the human species, sooner rather than later.

On a small scale I just hope for loved ones to stay healthy.

I'm not doing a lot of browsing in the genre, so what I have at hand is basically just CoC/CoC2, TiTs and LT.
    While I might fantasize about open world full 3D TF themed RPGs, I'm not under any illusion that it's a realistic goal for the genre. The scope and content variety in these games will have a hard time breaking out from the text-based format.
    I'm just happy that they are still being made.

Apart from the black freckles, she looks really good.

daedaddy likes this.
  3. daedaddy

i can see that
    if you had voted in the last poll though you would have won immediately
    alas, i'll definitely switch polls, probably for that sci-fi character creation. i think a cyoa would be far better with a bigger community later down the road, since so many of the choices were completely even. with the character creation polls even if no one answers i can keep going with at least a bit of following

...are we talking IMMORTALITY?

I view it as a novelty experience.

4. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

1. Maybe not nuke it, but definitely put it on hold until the user base picks up.

[​IMG]

3. How near are we talking? In the very near future there's a short story I'm hoping to wrap up after literal years on the backburner.

4. Not bad, but I feel like there isn't much innovation beyond some experimental proof-of-concept niches. Also, far too many titles on tfgamessite spam intended tags rather than what's actually in the available build(s).

BONUS:
    "Rotting Strawberry Timelapse"
    "Strawberry Shore"
    :confused:

Dunno if it's just the eyebrows but the face seems much more animated. Freckles feel a little overdone but that's just personal preference.

daedaddy likes this.
  5. daedaddy

this was entirely unintentional

i had to layer them twice for them to show up well

hopefully i remember down the road "the water bottles go unpunished"

Dolfuss likes this.
  6. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

Not really. Just eliminating cellular degradation over time.
    You would still die from trauma, disease, poisons/toxins etc. Just not from old age.

daedaddy likes this.
  7. WildRosey

WildRosey Active Member Member

I missed these! I wish these forums could be more active.

that educational video is horrifying...

1. based on the increasingly lower poll answers, should i scrap the cyoa? i'd replace it with something else
    [/QUOTE]

It's hard to say. I suppose if there was something that could involve just frequent posters without regard for poll votes, something could work in its place? Don't know what that something is...

It's hard to say for me. I do think it's hot; I would definitely say that I wouldn't mind having a few of my favorite characters with preg content, but at the same time, and i say that in my cynical state of today, it's repetitive? Of course, fetishes are repetitive, but there's this strange bridge of connecting the child that results from preg content and the content involved with that pregnancy. I suppose I might be thinking deeply, but I think preg content is far too willy nilly? In the end, it's all fantasy, and by playing the games that feature this preg content, I'm accepting the obscurity of the preg content. I suppose, I have mixed feelings about preg content then. I think it's hot, but I also just don't get the use of having so much preg content with such a variety of characters.

I think I'm rambling...

I don't know. Preg content is odd. I just want the characters to make safe decisions regarding their own children and not be bad parents.

I just want to be immortal. I'd also just like to be more motivated to complete my projects.

I feel like tf games could be better than they are. I would actually call myself a fenoxo apologist, but I can still be honest. These are erotic games in the end, so sex is easy to come across. I think, what I want though, is deeper character interaction out of these games. The thing that gets on my nerves the most with fen games is that some characters do have plenty of interaction, but I don't like the way you can go about that interaction. I hate the talk menu. I wish it was more, interactive. Interactive as in, some personalities are harder to reach. Could be simple as only talking about one thing with someone and then having to wait to talk to them later(there are a few characters like this). It's funny that I say all this really because I can't think of a resolution around this. I just want deeper character interaction before being able to have sex with a character.

Far reach, but sexual skill would be interesting as hell.

On the other side of the coin, what can be done to improve tf games? How do you make transformatives an interesting and complicated mechanic. Sure, Lilith's Throne and CoC2 have tried to revolutionize it, but it's still fairly simple to go about using transformatives. How can you have more complicated character interaction? How can you have more complicated sexual interaction?

What a cutie!

Floppyantennae, daedaddy and Dolfuss like this.
  8. Dolfuss

I said it before and I'll say it again: there's not nearly enough content devoted to actually raising your children. LT gave us individual NPCs, but their personalities are still entirely RNG and when you actually meet them they're already adults (which, even before the Discord revelations, I couldn't help reading as the Randian utopia of no-interpersonal-dependence).

Seconded. Granted it's all carefully paced, but what really wowed me in The Last Sovereign is how every relationship, even if not out-and-out romantic, has a logical and individual growth and dynamic. Some of them are fuck-first, some of them are a slow burn, but they all reflect the character of the girls and their relation to Simon. The on-demand scenes will inevitably become rote after the umpteenth time, but there's an earned emotionality that I rarely see in other games—Fenworks will describe the physical act in excruciating detail, but rarely does the scene tell me anything about the characters themselves.

But yeah, a lot of people don't care about the mental stuff and just wanna fap. :rolleyes:

Genetics crafting minigame. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    daedaddy likes this.
  9. daedaddy

so basically vampires
    no one man should have all that power
    but i'll remember to ask a question about immortality next week

allow us to introduce ourselves.jpg
    sci-fi character creation coming to a poll near you

we must be the change we want to see
    strawberry rotting was oddly interesting for me :D

tfs actually changing how the world looks at you, giving you perks and stats, etc
    maybe even sex with more powerful beings transforms you into an otherwise un-achievable tf
    ...with a warning of course

2. hot
    3. i hope that everyone on this thread is magically made happy. i also hope that everyone on earth takes a sip of some good water.
    4. not excited

Dolfuss likes this.
  10. Dolfuss

In terms of eternal youth, I guess yeah. You'd still die, just not from your body falling apart.

I... never imagined that was the source of the meme. :p

Me and the boys will crack open a cold glacier in your name. :cool:

daedaddy likes this.