1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Thread 96

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Larry Land Lord, Jul 29, 2019.

?

sci-fi character creation part 2: the universe is broad, and many new races are discovered.

1. you are an elf

12.5%
  2. you are a dwarf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. you are a robot, can choose other races in combination

25.0%
  4. you are a human

12.5%
  5. you are a troll

12.5%
  6. you are an orc

37.5%
  7. animalistic race of your choosing

37.5%
  8. you are a small scale eldritch creature

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. you are a slime person

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. your a giant, about 8 feet tall.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Larry Land Lord

Larry Land Lord Well-Known Member Member

PSA:
    remember to remember what answers you choose for later on. you can choose multiples for hybrids here.

its not an educational video whatsoever:

1. how would you make a standard fantasy/fetish race less generic?
    ex cow girls make milk and thats all
    ex orcs are stupid
    ex elves are humans but use magic

2. the great question-monster of inter-dimensional questionnaires has descended upon the earth. the monstrous eldritch tentacled creature instantly spots you and your beautiful bright pink boots.
    you are unfazed, you've fought off many question askers before. you single handedly scared off the plot pirates, you flew on the wings of the passing-by dragon, you successfully sated the fetish bandit. this is just another week in the life of a question answer-er like you.
    while your thinking about how amazing you are, you receive a telepathic message from the question monster: "if you had to design and flesh out a pet, what would you do? keep in mind, said pet can range from a dog that turns into a giant monster to a dog girl bimbo who only barks and walks on all fours."
    wow, that was oddly specific but you heard the man and in order to save the earth you must answer.

3. how do you feel about modding (in video games)?

4. just as the inter-dimensional question monster leaves your realm in peace, you see a red streak fly through the sky. suddenly the red streak lands on the ground infront of you, creating a giant crater and vaporizing your bright pink boots.
    its Nechrom the Mighty, world renowned question answerer. in this universe of course, he is a cat girl as dictated by his icon.
    he thanks you for defeating the question monster, but no good deed goes unquestioned.
    "if you had to make a sexy yet immersive parasite or symbiote, what would you think of? keep in mind, anything that goes in, or stays on your body may be considered a parasite/symbiote."

5. how would you design 4 armed combat? or, how would you design 1 armed combat?
    -how could you implement losing 1 arm or gaining 2 into carnal souls?

6 do you like jazz

bonus:
    surprise corgi attack
    486991611.jpg

bonus:
    have a nice WEEK or you will wake up with 7 children.

Nechrom, Dolfuss and Benji like this.
  2. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

1. I gave a direct example in Thread 92, so here I will speak to principles. ;) Short answer: pull a Benji and plug them into a real(ish) world culture. Part of the reason the archetypes becomes stereotypes is because few writers flesh out the societies in detail, except to reflect the expected traits: Elves are Tall and Elegant so they're Haughty Recluses, Orcs are Gruff and Warlike so they're Dirty Tribal Hordes, Dwarves are Miners and Metallurgists so they're the Welsh some weird hybrid of a merchant republic and an industrial commune. Rather than trying to think of original forces that shaped their social evolution, most people just plonk down the cookie cutter and then mould the rest of the world to fit.

Part of what makes Benji's take so fresh is he's not just working backwards, but tweaking and adapting the expected tropes without reducing the whole race down to a one-note theme: Vulpen promiscuity is an outgrowth business acumen; Equen social structure is basically Native American band councils where the elders are determined by endowment; Lapen society is expressly at odds with their own fecundity; the Avien are actually in the midst of an economic setting sun as technology usurps their traditional niche. Compare the Boven here to New Texas: which one actually feels like a civilization? ;)

2. ...
    [Flexible Survival flashbacks intensify]

Although on that note, I'd make it an active companion that can learn skills and level up alongside the PC.

3. As per Thread 6.
    And while I'd be a flaming hypocrite to say I'd categorically oppose certain Total War mods... Arch Warhammer is still a dickhead. :^)

4. As per Thread 14, I'm not a fan of parasites but I can dig co-habitation. One angle I've read (and played with in a couple of stories) is finding a mortally-wounded creature, and in order to save them you merge bodies to preserve their consciousness. End result is a Shouldra-esque soul passenger and potentially unique TF—and since you specified "sexy" it would of course be well-endowed. :cool:

Alternatively, something akin to the 'living armour' of Fenworks. Just make sure your partner's down for a threesome... ;)

5. Double your weapon slots. :^) I have no clue how hard it'd be to coordinate mêlée combat, although I can see it as a means of keeping a ranged weapon at the ready, even if you can't properly dual-wield at once.

Loss is easy: enemy scores a crit on your arm. Gain's as simple as a transformative, but it's more about figuring out why it exists in the first place. :p

6. Three words:

BONUS:

[​IMG]

As a Top 500 futa preg fetishist, I take that as a challenge. :cool:

Atomicbob and Larry Land Lord like this.
  3. WildRosey

WildRosey Member Member

MY EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hm. Well, the question really has only two answers. If we're talking about the cliches of fantasy and fetish races, you can either completely subvert the function of the race or build on it in a different manner. I.e. Cow girls are still thicc and milky, but their sexual performances are out of religious motivation. Perhaps, they sacrifice milk to appease the milk god. Maybe the cow society isn't incredibly promiscuous though. They still have incredible sex and still have buff dudes and milky cow ladies, but that's all at home and not out in the open. I suppose that's one of the resolutions. Maybe it still subverts stuff a bit, but I tried to do it in a manner that isn't subversion. Subversion is the easiest thing to do in response to a fantasy race.

Subversion is the other option. The cow girls are not milky at all, and the race has actually been cursed with sterility! Oh no! Not only that, no one is horny anymore so all the resources are put into rock research. With subversion, orcs could still be barbaric, but have incredible engineering skill or something.

I think i'd just like a cat.

Modding is pretty fun. I think someone should try and play a game without mods for a bit though. Garry's Mod can be modded immediately tho lol

I can't think of anything sexy, but maybe a really cool hat that's just stuck on your head.

Thought of something really evil... Like... an evil route weapon or something
    A dark parasite that is actually the infinity gauntlet to your thanos... As long as your sexual fluids touch either a partner's ass, mouth, dick, or pussy, the residue of your magical energy will remain inside of them... That magical presence will travel to the heart and grasp it. if you snap your finger, the partner will not die. Did you think i'd say that? So dark... No, the person just loses their genitals or something.

On a more serious note, can't really think of any kind of original parasite that hasn't been done. I really like the butt bugs from tits.

Ooooh. The absence of one arm could either be caused by a battle loss, or be player choice. Thing is, losing an arm would require a really tough situation and it would have to result from something that rarely happens...

Gaining two arms wouldn't be too difficult, just use a tf. I think I would just give the player the opportunity to attack twice with four arms.

wowee!

[/QUOTE]

oof, i don't want one kid, seven would make for an awful week :|

thank you though, i hope you have a nice week!

Larry Land Lord likes this.
  4. Larry Land Lord

I would want to be a totally tubular, epic warrior who chooses to bind one arm
    of course, this would probably give a speed bonus or something

does the cat turn into a monster though because that would be cool

i don't know much about parasites (primarily cause its super hard to find) but i believe if u spent a little time thinking anyone could think of something cool and at least somewhat unique. the true greatness will come from execution

i agree heavily

...maybe i should play it after all

Atomicbob likes this.
  5. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Well-Known Member Member

Ooh, a space orc sounds cool!

Well, probably how d&d does it: sub-races. For instance, you have some elves who are good at magic, and others that are good at stabbing things. Sub-races help add more diversity and flavor into things, imo, and seeing how these different sub-races interact with eachother would be pretty neat, imo. Or hell, have the same race, but different groups of that race live in different biomes and climates, like those birds from one of Darwin's experiments.

I've always wanted to own a snake with the temperament of a dog: just... a big, long snake that's really affectionate, and likes curling around you for snuggles and warmth. Maybe it could be playful, too, and would play fetch or something.

Modding is awesome, and in many cases, helps a game stay relevant and interesting ages after it releases. Just look at stuff like Skyrim; the modding communities for that game are alive and thriving! Also, modding may fix a game that was rushed out, or otherwise incomplete. See also; Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Ooh, big fan of this question! Well, since you're sharing your body with another entity, I'd imagine that, over time, said entity would start to get cozy in it's new 'home', and may start making transformations (TFs) based on their taste, preferably to the agreement of the host. A feminine symbiote/parasite/demon/ghost/etc., may start TFing their host to have more feminine features, even if said host is male. Maybe, in the case of a ghost or demon, the entity may start causing their host to manifest physical traits based off of their true form: a demon-possessed host may start growing horns or a tail, while a ghost may start morphing their lively host to resemble them in life. Finally, a host and their body-buddy would experience and share everything: thoughts, sensations (food, smells, etc), and even more intimate, carnal moments. Maybe a symbiote/parasite/etc., would temporarily emerge from their host in order to relieve some sexual tension, or take command of an arm or similar appendage to help out with sexy times.

4 arms means double the opportunity for using weapons: wield two greatswords at once, two pairs of swords and shields, or a combination of the above. And, for more magic-oriented characters, more hands may mean more magic being flung around at once. The penalty for using two extra limbs like this, tho, would probably be that you'd get tired quicker, or that you'd be clumsy until you trained more.
    1-armed combat? Well, you'd be at a strict disadvantage. One arm means you're less effective at pretty much everything: fighting, climbing, and even more mundane things depending on if the arm you lost was your dominant arm. One might not suffer from this as much if they're ambidextrous, and after a fair amount of training, practice, re-learning, and experience, maybe their one remaining arm would become considerably stronger than two regular arms.

As for implementing these into CS: Losing an arm would be either a significant loss, or a major inconvenience, depending on whether or not people are able to regrow/reattach limbs in the world of CS. Perhaps a potion made from the blood of a hydra or troll could help to regrow lost limbs?
    Gaining two arms would result from either a TF, a potion or magical effect, or merging with something and keeping it's limbs. One's armor would be rendered ineffective until modifications to if can be made, and I'd expect that growing two additional limbs would take some getting used to; you'd probably be very clumsy until your brain learns how to handle your new limbs.

Jazz is soothing for the soul. :cool:

Any chance you may be willing to share a few of these stories; ones you've seen and perhaps written? Merging with something for the sake of survival sounds right up my alley!
    I've always adored living armors, and quite like the ones you find in Fen's games. But... how about living weapons, too? Not just weapons inhabited by a sentient (and sexually deviant) consciousness, but a literal living weapon, kinda like Soul Edge from Soul Caliber?

Butt bugs? Are those a new parasite that got added?

Larry Land Lord and Dolfuss like this.
  6. Dolfuss

Posted without comment. ;)

Well I say 'stories', but they're mostly stored up in the ol' noggin. :p I mentioned Super Collie and that one chain on CYOC;, I also found this on a ritual crawl through Inkbunny several years back.

...How the hell did I miss this. XD

7. Larry Land Lord

i like this

yes
    they are on second planet

Atomicbob likes this.
  8. Atomicbob

I remember reading the first two things you posted, but this story is cool! Shame the author never came back to do anything with it; seemed like a cool world and premise. :(

Would you happen to know what they're called? I'm looking on the wiki for TiTS, but can't find anything about 'em.

9. Larry Land Lord

https://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/Sand_Worm

Atomicbob likes this.
  10. Atomicbob

11. Dolfuss

Yeah, character got some art but most of Tamarik's focus has been his fursona.

In Soviet Arrakis, Worm rides YOU!!

Atomicbob likes this.
  12. Larry Land Lord

1. i would give cow girls udders.
    OR, i would make the entire cow girl race obsessed with breeding and increasing their milk production with every pregnancy.
    OR, i would make them an entirely futa race (to get rid of the bulls). then, combine them all being futa with the other two ideas and put them into a perpetual breeding milk making cycle.
    totally safe idea.

2. originally the dog monster and the dog bimbo were just examples, but i like them both. i put the eldritch dog in the latest poll.

3. its a passion, i will always love the unnecessary pain and suffering the hours of skyrim office work have given me just so i could play for 2 days and stop.

4. similar to another idea, but a symbiote that eats pieces of whatever armor you wear, making it stronger but making all of your armor weaker and sexier.

5. damage reduction for using 4 arms, but more opportunities to attack. lower defenses for only using 1 arm, but higher speed and dexterity. mastery of using 1 arm would eventually give a perk but takes awhile to master.

6. yes i love jazz, thanks for asking larry.

Atomicbob likes this.
  13. Dolfuss

something something New Texas squared :cool:

Eldritch Monster Dog Bimbo v. Thanos.
    No items.
    Final Destination.

14. Atomicbob

Well, think of it like this: the time spent modding Skyrim will save you time for the next time you feel like playing it! :D

Feed all of your armor and underpants to the symbiote, wear the symbiote instead.

Larry Land Lord likes this.