September Update

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Benji, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Hey guys,

Recently Goldie and I finished making all the major decisions for individual bodyparts. There's now lots more flexibility in the system and only a small amount to finish there before we can call the Body system's first version complete. It's about as complex as I expected it to be, though no more than it needs to be now.

Penises have been the hardest (hurr) part to design, given how I want the to be so modular. Sheaths, Knots, shafts, glans, and foreskins can all be customised individually for each penis. There needed to be some custom rules in place for each. All bodyparts are described according to their size relative to your body, but with the exception now of foreskin, since I think it's more pertinent to describe its size relative to the glans it surrounds.

Secondmost difficult has probably been the belly. We've designed several child objects for it to be influenced by that will represent either offspring, fluid, or objects like eggs. However, it also has to take fatness into account as well.

As said before, every single bodypart has an accurately-calculated volume and weight. This has been pretty gruelling on me since I loathe any math other than basic arithmetic, but at the time of writing pretty much everything regarding volume has now been laid out. No doubt it will all need tweaking as we get into testing, but for now it's all at a stage I'm happy with.

In other news, Goldie is heading to America on the 16th. This will mean she'll be away for about six weeks. We aim to get everything as done as it can be with the body system before she goes, and once she has, I'll be focusing on lore and art stuff, like the world map and getting more enemies and characters designed. She has most definitely earned a vacation but I'll try to keep you guys entertained until she's back.

Until next time!

2. NizzJipple

NizzJipple Well-Known Member Member

The question remains: Are you going to throw a party for the completion of the body system? It seems like you should at this point. You've been staring at this behemoth for a while now, but at least it's nearly slain. I am more so interested in what lore you can squirt out when the body shenanigans is taken care of - that's always a treat.

Keep up the good work everyone.

FlenderSolas and Benji like this.
  3. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

I'll throw a party when we get that next release out. Until then I'm keeping my nose to the grindstone best I can.

4. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Active Member Member

Whoo-hoo! Good job with the Body System, guys! Fingers crossed that the rest of the rest of the character systems prove easier to work with.

And enjoy your vacation, Goldie: you've certainly earned it. :D

FlenderSolas and Benji like this.
  5. FlenderSolas

FlenderSolas Active Member Member

One word to summarize my utter joy at this newest development: "STUPENDOUS!"

I cannot even wait to see the lastest build with the Body System and what'll we'll see on it.

Like I said before, good friggin' job! Also Goldie definitely earned that vacation after all that. Can't wait to see all the Lore, Concept art for everything, Enemy Types, The Map Overworld, and many more!

6. Passerby

Passerby Active Member Member

As someone who is quite familiar with software testing, let me tell you, that such beasts are never truly slain. Look at Bethesda for example: they use largely the same logical engine for Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4 - and they still cannot get it quite straight.
    Mathematics is to be loved and cherished above and beyond any other science for it disciplines the mind. That said (and considering focus shifting towards the lore), is it not about time to grant your world some physical dimensions, Benji? Things like how long and how wide that continent actually is (and therefore - how big an area each map hexagon would represent). Knowing this and knowing local landscapes (and consequently - amount of water available via rivers and rainfall) one can calculate how much arable land each settlement have and therefore - how many people it can sustain via agriculture.

And that's just the start. There are so many things that need to be defined: from seismic activity to seasonal weather variations (I do hope that this game would feature actual seasonal variations both for the world around and characters themselves, considering, that we have an entire nation of rabbit-people). And they all start with (physically defined) The World Map.

Atomicbob likes this.
  7. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Active Member Member

I can't remember if there's been a map of Carnal Souls yet, conceptual or official, but I am quite looking forward to seeing it! <3

8. Passerby

Passerby Active Member Member

Just for the reference: there was conceptual one in June update. Everything is remembered.

Atomicbob likes this.
  9. MrGabit

MrGabit New Member Member

I am so pleased to see the game making progress. A year ago, after the crowd funding kick, I was almost sure that the project was a bust. Glad to see I was wrong.

FlenderSolas, Atomicbob and Benji like this.