1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual Experience Systems in Erotic Games

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by WildRosey, Jul 30, 2019.

1. WildRosey

WildRosey Member Member

Sometimes, I have ideas, and I must release these ideas somewhere. I suppose this is more of a series of ramblings on sexual skill than it is of ideas. I pulled an all-nighter to finish up someone online class work, but now I am here and prepared to share these thoughts.

Well, to put it basically, I read through every old update to watch the progression until now. A rather difficult road to follow. The dev team has really felt a lot of hardship. :'(

Anyway, I don't believe I noticed any talk of a sexual skill system. There's nothing wrong with that absence, but it does make me wonder. For one, how would an increase in sexual skill be achieved? I can truly only think of one game that has a sexual experience system: Lilith's Throne. I'm not very fond of Lilith's Throne just because the sex menu is so annoying and complicated, but I do recall the sexual experience system. It was also linked into a fetish system which I think is a beautiful thing. I believe that sexual experience in the game translates to actual sexual performance in LT? Maybe, I'm just making stuff up in my head. So if you were bad at giving head, you'd have better reactions from partners overtime as you become more experienced in it.

This brings me to my main idea. Creating an accurate system for progress in sexual experience might be complicated, but a fascinating inclusion. For one, much like Lilith's Throne, a character could either be a complete virgin, or have a range of experience depending on player choice. The experience system does not stop there though because truly, an experience system is mostly useless outside of being related to character fetishes. What the sexual experience system should translate to is sexual performance in scenes.

It may take some parsing, but it would be interested to see a character lacking sexual experience in, for example, giving blowjobs or pitching. I also think that a sexual experience system would allow for a much more diverse field of interaction during sex. Erotic text-based games tend to act like the player character is an expert in bed, and I think that's lame. I might pride myself on being good in bed, or prefer that my character is portrayed in that matter, but I think I prefer character interaction over "you are so good in bed, holy cowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

For example, a milfy character could be providing insight to someone with little sexual experience or praising someone for being as good in bed as her ex-wife who she claims was "like a deity." Better yet, that cutie who's an inexperienced virgin might seek advice from YOU when it comes to sex, but what if you're just as inexperienced? That hot dude you're interested in adventuring with? He won't let you join him unless you give him the good succ. "Sorry, the head just wasn't that good, my friend. Better luck next time."

The only issue in portraying sexual performance is how much extra writing would be involved. Personally, I think that if a game includes such a sexual experience system, the extra writing is worth it. For one, NPCs don't have to be experts in bed, but some who are may have a larger variety of scenes with player characters depending on sexual experience. Not all NPCs need to include such variety though. For the sake of more diversity in sex scenes, this would be a wonderful inclusion.

2. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

To be honest I can't remember. I know affinity for specific fetishes alters how much pleasure the actions generate, but I'm not sure if the levels themselves had any mechanical effect. They might boost the lust damage special teases do in combat, but the wiki's such a mess I'd have to run in-game tests to confirm.

But yeah, given how most games barely touch on the main character's social life before the adventure begins, I find it amusing how we instinctively know our partner's major turn-ons by the first night. :p Another application of sexperience would be for character development of permanent NPCs: say you rescue the virgin princess, typically her sex scenes would be locked into 'timid dilettante', whereas this way she can grow and develop her own kinks without having to rewrite her whole personality.

I get that it's a staple for specific characters to embody specific fetishes, but the more I think about it there's very little opportunity in most eRPGs for mutual self-discovery.

I like the way you think. :^)

Floppyantennae likes this.
  3. Larry Land Lord

Larry Land Lord Well-Known Member Member

if this is the case i'd want to be able to start out with said experiences
    i've probably said it a ton of times but it would be nice if you can already start some what tf'd (bimbo or whatever)
    i don't want to have to worry about my characters virginity status or who they'll give it to.

Atomicbob and Floppyantennae like this.
  4. WildRosey

WildRosey Member Member

There's actually a character kinda like the virgin princess you describe named Fisianna who I think is kind of like that? She's closer to the whole "developing her own kinks" than other characters at least. It's kind of lame at the same time, since she develops into a more sexually open person after unlocking scene after scene? If she could develop her own kink interests, that would help out too.

Perhaps a player could be aware of a character's fetish appeal, but the character itself will have to learn how to get the NPC off if they're unexperienced in what the fetish includes?

Why thank you :^)

That's understandable. Personally, while I do like the idea of having an automatically slutty character, I think I would prefer to start with someone who is either a virgin or not very experienced if the game allows for sexual progression.

Also, thinking about virginity and how it's handled in TiTs or CoC. I don't really think it's mishandled well, nothing really that big about losing your virginity, but it bothers me that it mentions your virginity, but in the end, your status as a virgin does nothing to how NPCs will interact with you in ero scenes.

5. Akhter13

Akhter13 Active Member Member

FOE had a sexual experience mechanic it
    • it unlocked content ie you got additional options depending on your level / your partners level and some times both
    • it leveled up for both you and whom ever you were having sex with [meaning sometimes you were having sex with npc to get them comfortable for moving on to the next stage]
    • it changed descriptions "You nearly choke but the deed is done/You focus and effortlessly take the full load/ You expertly drain him, weren't those nuts bigger when you started?"
    • used in conjunction with endurance or some times perception in shag off competitions [who will break first? He is stronger but you have technique] [You notice she swoons when your hand touches the nap of her neck]
    • it would sometimes save you from a worse loss scene by allowing a small turning of the tables
    • it effected affection gains from sex in relationships and pay outs in prostitution
    The stat didn't make you slutty just experienced, there was no slut shaming aspect. Another stat that FOE had which I liked was sub/dom, which was a measure of how sub or dom you were based on all your previous sex choice [each having a hidden +/- value] this effected the option you could choose for sex scenes. You also had a separate hidden sub/dom stat for all your significant relationships meaning you could for example normally be dom but with a certain partner be a switch or even a sub.

It was an elegantly conceived game and I miss it.

6. Dolfuss

...I knew it was tracked as a stat, I never realized it had in-game effects. :eek:

Atomicbob likes this.
  7. WildRosey

WildRosey Member Member

Huh. That's a great catalogue of features. I played FoE for a bit, but not extensively. :O

That's a good point about being slutty versus experienced, it would be interesting for their to either be a stat that could actually measure what could be considered "slutty" or not(i.e. exhibition). Now that I think about it, it's tough to actually define a slutty character. For me, I'd like one of my characters to be slutty in-game and not just by how I imagine the character. Perhaps, you have a young huntress who is lewd in behavior. Thus, I suppose, you'd call that "slutty". Meanwhile, you could have an older character who gained a lot of experience over-time.

On the topic of the sub/dom stat, that would also be lovely inclusion.

8. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Well-Known Member Member

Y'all have made a lot of great points that I don't really have much to add onto other than to heartily agree!

FOE was ahead of its time, and it's a shame it died. I'm glad it's creator is involved in CoC2, tho, and I hope he can bring his talent and skill to that project. :)

9. Akhter13

Akhter13 Active Member Member

I hardly dare say it but Alder informs us FOE 0.5 [the first update since 2016] will be available 7th Sept 2019:D

Floppyantennae and Atomicbob like this.
  10. Dolfuss

Larry Land Lord and Atomicbob like this.
  11. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Well-Known Member Member

:O