1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Race Perks

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Regis67, Apr 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Regis67

Regis67 Active Member Member

So as I was thinking about Characters and what Race I could make I was thinking if there would be a perk for certain races that other races cannot use. For example, and using Skyrim as an example certain elves like the High Elves
    Starting Skill Bonuses: +10 Illusion, +5 Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Enchanting, and Restoration

Racial Perks: +50 Maximum Magicka

Special Abilities - Highborn: Magicka regenerates 25x faster for 60 seconds. Usable once per day.

Something like this? What do you guys think?

Just a speculation thread. Anything discussed here may not even be in the game.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

As long as it fits the race and is pretty minor, then I think that it's a positive and also shouldn't create much extra dev work.

The important thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn't feel obligated to choose a certain race just because you want your character to play a certain way. That's the strength of these kind of games, that you can push the norm so to say. So you don't just get elf sorcerers, cat rogues, orc warriors etc.

daedaddy and Regis67 like this.
  3. Regis67

Regis67 Active Member Member

True, true. The thread is only speculation I don't mean to add more work to Benji and his team. I would be up for a minor perk such as just the +50 magic perk. Something like that. A starting perk. That can be lost after you change yourself or a boost when another race has a same perk. Just an idea I'm throwing out.

Shadefalcon likes this.
  4. Shadefalcon

Shadefalcon Active Member Member

If the starter races (and eventually other races) would have their own perks. I agree that it should be race specific so that you lose the perk if you lose enough of your racial score. In that way people won't just start out as one race only to immediately change to the one they want to play as just so they can get that specific perk.

I'm slightly against race specific stat perks seeing as some people might feel like it's a bit unfair wanting to play, as an example, a mage wolf, but knowing they'll always be a bit weaker than a mage elf.
    ...but then again it would kind of make sense for it to be such differences between the races...
    Strangely enough I wouldn't mind encountering TFs that gives can give you race specific perks. F. ex. Naga venom attack.
    But this is just my opinion.

NizzJipple and Regis67 like this.
  5. Patrick R. Key

Patrick R. Key Active Member Member

RevorDragon, Atomicbob and Regis67 like this.
  6. Shadefalcon

Just checked out the link.
    I have to say I was a bit sceptical, but I´m a bit more open to the race specific perks and stats now.
    It´s going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.

RevorDragon likes this.
  7. ninjalawngnome

ninjalawngnome New Member Member

Well so long as there is no multiplayer I don't really think it matters. To me along as there is not competitive side to a game I don't really care if one race or hybrid is really super over powered or under powered. Just play the game how you want to play it. If you want to be a Naga tank even tho Minotaurs are way better at it go ahead. To me playing a class or role in a race or breed that doesn't really support it is just as fun, if not more fun because of the challenge, then trying to go for the optimum build.
    So bring on the broken races my body is ready for it.
    What I really would love to see are race specific sex scenes and interactions that go with the perks. Like having Naga's venom paralyze or even be an aphrodisiac changes what sex scene you get. Or even give us perks to pick from like a dragons breath being fire, ice, or electric. I think that would be an awesome component to the game.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    RevorDragon likes this.
  8. Shadefalcon

I too would love to see some race specific sex scenes.
    Among things I´d enjoy to see are special centaur scenes.

RevorDragon and Regis67 like this.
  9. GreenSleeves

GreenSleeves Well-Known Member Member

Centaur scenes will almost all have to be specific to them, since their bodies are so different than most other races.
    A lot of things that work for bipeds just wouldn't make sense with four-legged people.

RevorDragon likes this.
  10. Shadefalcon

True true. I just mentioned it because in other games I´ve played, like CoC, some scenes are disabled which makes sense. While others just treat you like you still have your genitals placed in your front body, which doesn´t make much sense.
    I´m just hoping, if you can become a centaur, that there won´t be too little content with them. The same thing goes for nagas.
    On a different note, Benji mentioned encountering enemies who can morph into your sexual preferences. Would be pretty cool if it could morph into a mountable female centaur. Instinctively speaking it would make sense for that being the preference for a centaur.

RevorDragon and Regis67 like this.
  11. JfromfarPY

JfromfarPY Member Member

I belive that in the end there will be always a place where you can change them or obtain them with special items or quest. who knows...

Regis67 likes this.
  12. daedaddy

daedaddy Well-Known Member Member