Sword or Sorcery ?

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by JfromfarPY, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Vectorslip

Vectorslip Member Member

Surprisingly enough I believe CoC has this as a weapon. Its even called a spellsword if I recall.

RevorDragon likes this.
  2. Farlun

Farlun Well-Known Member Member

.... Ah CoC, still having tons of content I totaly forgot/didn't know it had.

Too bad I'm ears deep in Dark Souls III and won't waste time on CoC now.

... Really, in CoC? Hmm, quite a pickle indeed, I'll need to check the wiki the next time I play. Too bad I didn't play as Ceyric since ages, tried some other characters in the meantine. Yay for horny gay heavy armour-clad mace and shield-wielding little mouse clerics!

RevorDragon likes this.
  3. Passerby

Passerby Active Member Member

I would go with sort-of-gish type of character.
    1. Long-range magic first - nothing drives the point of your dominance home quite the way sniping your adversary with ray of annihilation from beyond the horizon does. Failing that - telekinetic slam is also good.
    2. Conjured weapons and armour - to show off your skill at arms without bothering to buy all those things and then lug them around and then search for better items - all while trying to ensure that they are not stolen or broken or eaten by some kind of rust monster.
    3. Unarmed and unarmoured combat along with dragon TF (martial arts or whatever "the skill of tearing opposition with your bare claws" called) - because I am still a dragon.

As for seduction - meh, the main erogenous zone of sentient creatures is mind, so just use magic.

Atomicbob, RevorDragon and Farlun like this.
  4. RevorDragon

RevorDragon Active Member Member

I Actually love unarmed/martial arts characters. A hero can defeat the big bad evil Dragon.(Not that they have to be evil just an example) A legendary badass can do it with his bare hands. Plus Me and my characters dislike killing or wounding (permanently at least) so not using a weapon makes sense. I went through FS without using a weapon at all. you start off with awkward punches, but after certain events and reading a certain book you can gradually become super kung fu master #1 and its almost as good as some of the best weapons, plus it gives an evasion bonus i think? I'll probably go with high durability type builds

That seems relevant to this

I'm pro dragon, I just don't like them being dicks to other races because they think there better (I mean they are but but its not everyone else's fault they're not a dragon) than them. Go good dragons.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Atomicbob likes this.
  5. BlakLite

BlakLite Member Member

Assuming that it's reasonably viable to do so, I'd prefer to lean more towards magic than strength in a game like this. It's not that I don't enjoy the thought of kicking ass with martial arts or a melee weapon, but I personally think that drawing from a pool of spells with various strategic applications lends itself more effectively to turn-based RPG combat. In the RPG Maker games that I've played, I generally find that my party's magic user tends to be my principal damage dealer, while the rest of the party heals, tanks, or supplements damage. Furthermore, I like to create fat characters wherever they're appropriate, and I find it easier to imagine someone with that kind of constitution relying on ranged magic instead of physical prowess.

RevorDragon likes this.
  6. RevorDragon

RevorDragon Active Member Member

I could see myself making some sort of chubby mage type character.

7. Milkman

Milkman Member Member

I remember once reading a series where magic was powered by stored metabolic energy. Thus mages would try to build up fat reserves in their body because oftentimes by the end of a wizard duel they'd end up skinny/ emaciated depending on just how heavily they'd magically exerted themselves.

Atomicbob and RevorDragon like this.
  8. Larry Land Lord

Larry Land Lord Active Member Member

dual wield or bust

9. Zanzuki93

Zanzuki93 Member Member

So many good ideas personally i think i will do a pure ranged character possibly a magic archer of some sort ;)

10. Atomicbob

Atomicbob Active Member Member

Summoning weapons and armor is something I am SO on board with. I have fond memories of playing Oblivion and creating a spell that summoned an entire set of armor so I could travel nice and light.
    In fact, I would love to see summon/bound item spells in Carnal Souls! Besides weapons and armor, perhaps you could summon other tools and toys to fit the situation? ;)

Zanzuki93 and RevorDragon like this.
  11. DarkStar76

DarkStar76 New Member Member

i would have the tankeist build i could possibly make with using an axe and healing magic if possible. going back to my skyrim build but better

12. Zanzuki93

Zanzuki93 Member Member

how long until you are a stealth archer? :p

Ritzy, Passerby and NizzJipple like this.
  13. DarkStar76

DarkStar76 New Member Member

eventually