1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WRITING] The Carnal Souls CYOA Pre-Planning Thread

Discussion in 'User-Submitted Works' started by Dolfuss, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Dolfuss

Dolfuss Well-Known Member Member

Long ago and far away I'd started musing a choose-your-own-adventure story on the CS forums. I'd been putting off a formal post as I tried to clear the slate of writing prompts in Larry's question threads, but I've been hung up for months and with board activity having fallen off a cliff I figure it's better to get something up now to net the errant fish over the long haul.

The premise is simple: I write up a scene, and posters vote what to do next. This thread is to lay out the structure of the thing and gauge participatory interest; once the game's running, this'll serve as the OOC chatter and maintenance thread.

Here's what I want to figure out before we launch:

Setting
    Real-world/sci-fi/fantasy etc. If you've seen me in the RQTs you know I've got a thing for history; besides straight humans I veer toward "hard" furry and don't have too solid a footing in Tolkienesque high fantasy, but I'm adaptable to the required lore.

The Player Character
    To avoid dragging out the prologue, I figure we can decide on the PC beforehand: appearance and background at least, possibly personality and occupation if people want the story more structured out the gate.

Game Mechanics
    Whether we want a simple author-fiat CYOA, or something like a single-player D&D with persistent stats and skill checks.

Smut Factor
    I vetted the forum hardline with Benji back in October, and as long as it stays fairly vanilla, we can incorporate explicit content. It would be more suggestive than gratuitous, certainly nothing like a Fenworks novelette. :p I'm well-grounded in the basics, with proficiency in M/F, F/F and futa, but I can accommodate whatever is necessary.

Update Scope
    How much each post should cover, how much the plot should progress within a single episode, etc. Shorter updates would mean faster turnaround, but given how the Forum Vanguard has sloughed off since I conceived this, I have no clue what the pacing's gonna be even on a good week.

daedaddy likes this.
  2. daedaddy

daedaddy Well-Known Member Member

mhm