1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you Fellow Adventurers think of the the Character Creation System.

Discussion in 'General Carnal Souls Discussion' started by Regis67, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Regis67

Regis67 Active Member Member

I like the character creation system. However, we don't have a subforum or a place to talk about all the ideas and creative juices in our feeble minds can gather. I created this thread to talk about either improving or just to talk about Character Creator Content. I know there is already a thread about what race you want to play, but I figured how about one for the system itself. No offense to people on the main page or Benji and his team but I think it's time for some organization.

Thank Benji for your Blessing.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. Benji

Benji Director Staff Artist Writer

Nah, go ahead! Feedback is always welcome.

daedaddy, JfromfarPY and Regis67 like this.
  3. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

In a game where the premise is for your character to undergo changes, the character creator doesn't need to be super exhaustive. As long as you can create a character which would be considered quite average for this universe, that should be enough.
    For less dramatic customization I'm sure we'll see things like barbers once we start playing.
    As a side note I appreciate that we don't have a class system.

Cancer, NizzJipple and Regis67 like this.
  4. Regis67

Well not having a class system can go both ways such as some people would like a streamline system and others like you would want more freedom.

I do like the idea of barbers to change your hair length and colors. Since the game seems to be set in almost midevil fantasy from what I've seen so far also have the barber be a surgeon as well on a subtab. Since in midevil times barbers were surgeons for realism. For certain body reconstruction of course.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  5. Shadefalcon

Shadefalcon Active Member Member

I like the direction the character developer is heading. Some of the current images are supposed be changed so I'm a bit curious to see how the new ones turns out to be.
    What I'd love to see and am currently waiting for expectantly is the background and lore for the different races. I'm really excited for those, but I'll be patient :).

Zanzuki93, Cancer and Regis67 like this.
  6. Regis67

Yeah the lore and background will be the deciding factor for me in choosing the playthrough I'm going to use for my best character.

Cancer and Shadefalcon like this.
  7. Patrick R. Key

Patrick R. Key Active Member Member

I think it has a good balance of allowing various options to start, while still leaving out desired choices to make the essence feature worth the effort of implementing. So long as there's a way to get a different eye color, hair color, and hair style during the game, the system is fine with me.

Although, I am curious if it would be possible or sensical to allow the player to come from a mixed set of parents (ex. father was human, mom was an elf).

Regis67 and Cancer like this.
  8. Shadow Knight

Shadow Knight New Member Member

I love the character creation. Very sleek and polished, lots of interesting options.

I am intrigued by the removal of Attraction and the statement that it will be tracked during play. That's rather promising!

Regis67 and Shadefalcon like this.
  9. Zanzuki93

Zanzuki93 Member Member

I don't think i can add anything that everyone else hasn't already said but here goes the character customization was actually a lot more than i was expecting no offense benji and crimson. :p However the thing that surprised me the most was the fur color and scale color actually being visible so you get a better visible indication of what you are picking and i <3 that a lot.

Regis67 likes this.
  10. Patrick R. Key

I'm not too sure how I feel about this, just because sometimes I turn an npc down not b/c my pc's not attracted but b/c they got better stuff to do. I am curious if the game will somehow be able to make this distinction or if doing this will cause me to be locked out of some scenes down the road.

Regis67 likes this.
  11. GreenSleeves

GreenSleeves Well-Known Member Member

Crimson mentioned (in a comment on one of the blog posts) that there might also be items that can adjust how the game measures your attraction. So even if your actions accidentally alter your character's sexuality you'll be able to correct that with a trinket or something.

Cancer and Regis67 like this.
  12. Patrick R. Key

Hmm, makes me feel a little bit better. But it does seem like a bit of an unfair hassle. Although I guess I'm ultimately worried about not having the option for a one time scene b/c of some faulty sexuality stat.

I guess I'll put some faith in Crimson/Benji to make sure it's done fairly. I still gotta say, I am really looking forward to this game. They've done great work so far.

Regis67 likes this.
  13. Vectorslip

Vectorslip Active Member Member

Im less worried about the attraction system itself and more about there being a proper balance to fuckable partners. Like if I wanted to play a lesbian female but the game ended up with 3/4 characters having dicks (Like in one of the example pics in the gallery) whether They're male or female and I end up shafted out of content.

I understand that wanting to play as anything other than pan means you're inevitably going to be locked out of some content and thats fine, but whether the attraction system ends up mattering or falling on its face is really going to depend on them wonderfully managing the amount of characters each sexuality has to play around with imo. Which im sure they'll be able to do it they put their minds to it.

Cancer, Regis67 and NizzJipple like this.
  14. Regis67

Well we will find out on parser in the coming months I am interested in seeing exactly how it will work maybe Crimson can go further into detail about statistics and stuff.

Shadefalcon likes this.
  15. JfromfarPY

JfromfarPY Member Member

All I wish is that they let us see our current attraction and maybe just maybe be able to play without the attaction being a factor at all. About the current Character Creation seems very well done, it have a nice cuantity of races to start with.

16. LordFaet

LordFaet New Member Member

I guess on the Attraction system matter, since this seems to have devolved into something about that, the only thing I'm wondering about is more serious characters. Like if you were playing a very serious no nonsense kind of character with a very low libido (I understand this is maybe not the right kind of game to try and make such a character, but for the sake of science) would the game still go around treating you like a massive horndog, or would it dial that down or otherwise alter it to match your character's low libido. Because they've mentioned the attraction system will change how certain encounters are presented, like a bunny girl versus a bunny guy, but I'm wondering if it'll go deeper than that. (no pun intended) Such as a scene where your character jumps into the sack with someone if they have a high libido, but gets into a fight (and then afterwards maybe still into the sack, who knows) if they have a low libido.

Tevin da awesome and JfromfarPY like this.
  17. RedRockRun

RedRockRun New Member Member

I don't have any problems with it so far. It's pretty descriptive which is something I personally enjoy in textual environments. The more imagery, the better.

Cancer likes this.
  18. Nechrom

Nechrom Well-Known Member Member

I don't think the attraction system will lock you out of choices to be honest. It might influence the number and types of characters you encounter but you should be the one deciding what your character does.
    The attraction system seems to be mainly to do with what turns your character on or not and possibly what NPCs and situations the game throws at you the most.

Also remember that there will be a first party character editor available, so you can change anything you don't like if it really becomes a problem for you.

JfromfarPY and Regis67 like this.
  19. Farlun

Farlun Well-Known Member Member

I think the attraction system should limit the libido you gain from people of sex you're not fond of, change your reaction in some scenes according to your sexual prefferences ("The villain teases you with visions of his sexy warrior offering her body to you, but you're gay and you take none of that sh*t - The enemy failed to rise your libido") and add an additional "choice gate" in scenes that call for it ("A beautiful girl teases you, and while you'd otherwise eagerly agree to have sex with her, being gay you don't really feel all that special about her... A) Leave B) But maybe, just this once...").

However, nothing should be forced on the player and nothing should be locked away from the player.

Yeah, on a side note, forcing scenes - The game should NEVER force you to have sex with ANYONE. Sure, it's a smut game, of course, but if the player should want to play the entire game as a normal RPG (Albeit one with lots of erotic content thrown at you all the time), he should have all the right to do so.

And even *if* the PC - has - to have sex in any given moment, the game should always give the player the ability to choose with whom (I'm talking about the NPC gender here) he goes to bed with. There's nothing worse than forcing straight/gay sex onto a gay/straight character.

Shadow Knight, JfromfarPY and Tenryuu like this.
  20. Patrick R. Key

Admittedly, I'm still a bit shaken up from losing to a drider in CoC. But I had assumed Benji would have the same thing happen in some loss scenes.

Does your opinion still apply to all loss scenes as well?